A Heart-to-Heart

A/N: Thanks to @tom_haz for this chapter idea.

Dawn's POV

It's finally Saturday. I wake up at 9:00 and check my phone. I see a couple of notifications from Instagram. I open my phone and click on the app. I see that I have a  DM from a random person. I click on the message. 

dawnhollandh8er

You're an ugly brat. You don't deserve to be Tom Holland's daughter. You're so untalented and ugly. I bet he just adopted you cuz he felt bad. If I were him I would just abandon you. I would be a much better daughter.

I finish reading and put my phone down. Wow, that was rude. I brush off the mean message and go wash my face. I turn the water on and clean my face. Finally when I'm all done I look up and look at myself in the mirror.

"Maybe I am ugly." I say to myself. And then a tear falls, and another tear falls, and another, and another. More keep coming and I just stand there perched over the sink. My vision is blurry and my body is shaking. Soon I'm sitting on the bathroom floor balling my eyes out. I don't care if Tom hears me, he probably agrees with the hater. 

Tom's POV

I'm making breakfast for Dawn. It's nice to have some company around here. I finish cooking and call Dawn down to eat. There's no response. I walk up the stairs and knock on her door. 

"Dawn? You there?" I ask. Once again there is no response, but I hear crying coming from inside. I shake the door handle and open the door. I step into Dawn's room. She's not here. I hear crying coming from the bathroom. I run over and open the door. I look down and find Dawn sprawled on the bathroom floor. Her eyes are red and puffy. She has tears running down her face and is still crying.

"Darling, what's wrong?" I ask kneeling down. Dawn comes up and hugs me. She cries into my chest. "Dawn, what happened?"

She looks up and I look into her teary eyes. She gets up and grabs her phone. Dawn unlocks it and hands it to me. I read the message. Then I take matters into my own hands. I report the account and also block them. 

"There, now you won't have to deal with that anymore." I state and hand her the phone. I get up from the floor.

"Dad?" 

"Yeah?"

"Why did you adopt me? Out of everyone who was there, why me?"

"Because, you're special Dawn. You remind me of me when I was 16. I act, I did gymnastics, and I used to sneak out too." I laugh.

"Really?" She asks as she sniffles. 

"Really. Also you stuck out, not like a stick in a bush, but like a fruit-loop in a bowl of cheerios." I state. Dawn hugs me. It feels nice. 

"I love you. You're the dad I've always wanted." Dawn whispers.

"I love you too. You're the daughter I've always wanted." I say. I kiss her on the the head. "How about we go eat some breakfast?" 

Dawn nods and we go downstairs. I turn the TV on and go to the news: 21 year old prisoner escapes after 2 years of prison. Police are looking around London for him. 
I don't mind the news report. There's a mugshot of the criminal shown on the screen. He looks and awful lot like Dawn. 
I just shrug it off and keep eating. 

A/N: Next chapter is going to be a bit intense. You have been warned.