Chapter 14 - New Indulgence (Part 1)

Elena's POV

I didn't think this through. I just wanted to desperately get away from him that I did not even consider the mere fact that his finger is the only key to access the damn penthouse. The elevator chimed at the 7th floor and I quickly decided to step out onto it.

My curiosity took over as I walked down the corridor, admiring the gold plated walls and luxuriously twisted chandeliers suspended from the ceiling. My fingers ran along with the decor on the wall as I casually strolled down the passageway.

I stumbled back when a door opened suddenly, a well dressed dapper man stepping out of the hotel room. He seemed to be around my age, possibly a little younger. Once his eyes acknowledged me, they began roaming over my body before an intrigued smile appeared upon his lips.

"Are you lost, Tesoro (darling)?" He spoke in a flirtatious manner.

"Uh, not really." I gave him a sweet smile.

"Do you have a booked room I can help you find?" He leaned against the wall with his hands in his pockets.

"No."

"Do you need a room to stay in?" His lips curved into a pleased grin as he shot a wink my way.

I placed my hand on my hip while analyzing him, unsure of what to do. He didn't seem forceful but things could change. He pushed himself off the wall, placed his key card in the door and opened it. He held the door open and extended his hand, waiting for me to take it. My eyes glanced down at his hand before rising again.

"Don't you even think about it, Elena!" I heard Angelo's stern and rumbling voice bellow down the corridor, getting louder with each word.

"Here we go." I sighed and pinched the bridge of my nose before turning around to meet his eye. He stalked over to us, stopping closely in front of me.

"Fanculo (fuck this), I'm not messing with any woman of his!" The hotel guest exclaimed while shutting his room door and scurrying down the passage.

"I'm not his..." I trailed off and huffed in annoyance before turning to face Angelo.

"You're a fucking asshole!" With that, I stormed passed him towards the lifts.

I waited for the elevators to return and entered them when they opened. Angelo casually walked towards me and gradually waltzed into the lift, his smugness churning at my insides. I scoffed while crossing my arms and leaning my back against the wall. 

He placed his finger on the sensor pad then clicked the 12th-floor button and we began moving our way towards the penthouse.

"How did you even find me?" I spoke up, annoyed with the fact that out of all the floors he managed to pick the exact one.

"Cameras, Amore (love)." He expressed nonchalantly with a tinge of humor.

"Of course! What a surprise..." My words spewed from me sarcastically as my annoyance heightened to new levels when I heard him chuckling slightly.

As the doors opened, I briskly pushed past him and walked into the foyer. I could hear him close behind, stopping in the middle as he watched me.

I headed straight to the kitchen, grabbed another wine glass along with the wine bottle and poured myself another drink. I slammed the bottle down on the kitchen counter, not hard enough to break but impactful enough to convey my displeasure.

I heard his footsteps coolly walking into the kitchen as I downed half the wine glass I had just poured out.

"Can we talk about what happened downstairs?" He gently inquired, which surprised me slightly.