58. Baking With The Parkers

Scarlet

Sitting on the breakfast table, we were waiting for Cara to come out so that we can surprise her. Kelly had filled the dining table with delicious breakfast items as her way to welcome me. There were pancakes, eggs, french toast, sausages, fresh juice and many other things to eat.

Still dressed in her pyjamas, Cara walked out with her hand linked to Geena, rubbing her eyes with the other hand. On reaching the table, she finally lifted her head and when she found me sitting there, she gasped.

"Am I... Am I still sleeping?" She asked, looking around herself in disbelief.

"No, you aren't, baby girl." I said and picked her into my lap. "I am back." I told her and her mouth widened into a grin.

She leaped forwards and wrapped her small arms around me for a hug. I hugged back, caressing my fingers along her long hair. Tears pricked into my eyes on being with her again. I had missed her, even more than I missed Evan. She didn't deserve to be abandoned again and I felt extremely guilty for that. "You promise you would never leave again?" She asked, parting away from me.

"I promise." I said and pecked her on her cheeks.

"Pinky promise?" She raised her little finger.

"Pinky promise." I said and then shifted her into the seat beside me. "Now come on, let's have breakfast."

"Okay." She said and placed a pancake in her plate. Brushing her hair back with my fingers, I turned my attention back to Evan who was already staring at me. He mouthed 'I love you' silently and I melted into a blushing mess in response.

After the breakfast, Cara and I were taking the empty dishes back to the kitchen when I watched Gabe walk in. "Your work wife is here." I teased Evan who in return chuckled.

"Gabe, you have to handle the work for today. I am spending the day with my family." Evan said and my mouth hung open in shock.

Just as surprised as me, Gabe gawked at his boss in disbelief. He finally moved when Evan narrowed his eyes at me and rushed out of dining room.

"Wow, did you really ditch work for us?" I asked, passing him a smug grin.

"Yeah, I did." He shrugged and pulled me into his lap. I fell on him with a thud and winced hard.

"Evan," I slapped his arm.

"I am going to spend every minute in the bed with you," he whispered in my ear and my cheeks became warm.

"Won't you get tired?" I asked and his smirk deepened. I had meant tired of staying indoor all day but he clearly had something dirtier in mind.

"I won't get tired. I assure you." He whispered again while his pupils dilated. If biology had taught me anything, he was either angry or aroused. The second option sounded more appropriate to our current situation.

"Evan, shut up." I smacked his hand away from me and stood up from his lap. He laughed at my reaction and I ignored him, rushing back to the kitchen where Cara was talking to Kelly.

...........

All three of us were craving for pizza tonight so using this as an excuse for some family bonding, we decided to make the pizza ourselves. Right now, I was rolling the dough into a circle and Evan was doing his best to distract me by his techniques.

He was standing behind me, looking over my neck at the pizza. Every now and then, he would wrap his arms around my waist or steal a kiss. Beside us, Cara was busy making a pizza of her own. She was making weird shapes with the dough and failing to apply a thin layer of pizza sauce and toppings on it.

"Evan," I muttered under my breath and kicked his shin when he bit my earlobe that was peeking out of my messy bun. "Cara is here."

"Don't worry, she is too engrossed in her mini-pizza to notice us." He said and motioned towards Cara who really was in another world right now.

"Still," I glared.

"Fine, no kisses for you." He pouted angrily and backed away.

Ignoring his cute, childish actions, I focused my attention on preparing the pizza. Once all the toppings were placed, I shifted the dough into a tray and set the oven. Cara gave me her mini-pizzas that I set beside the large one and slid the tray into the oven.

Once the pizza was in the oven, Cara left to do something, leaving Evan and I alone in the kitchen. Once she was out of sight, I stepped closer to a very annoyed-looking Evan and snaked my arms around his neck.

"What? Now you want me back?" He asked, feigning anger.

"Yeah," I pouted.

"What if I don't want to, now?" He raised his eyebrows.

"Then I will sleep with Cara tonight." I threatened in a saccharine voice.

Hearing this, he picked me up and lay me down on the counter, locking me on the spot with his arms. "I didn't know there is a manipulative brain behind this innocent face." He asked, lifting my chin with his finger.

"You don't know me very well then." I smirked to earn a response out of him.

"I will figure you out then." He whispered seductively and placed a small kiss on my jaw. "Slowly at first... Then a little roughly."

"Are we still talking about figuring out?" I closed my eyes, letting him trace my jawline with his mouth.

"Maybe." He whispered and then licked my ear, creating a fuzzy sensation in my lower abdomen. It was one of my weaknesses that he had discovered and was now using it to his advantage.

"Evan, Cara is coming." I said and pushed him away with full force. At the same time, Cara entered the kitchen and frowned in confusion when she found both of us flustered.

"Um... Cara, can you set the dining table?" Evan asked her.

"Yes," she said and picked up the stack of plates in her small hands. Once she left, I gave Evan a warning glare and sent him out as well because I knew he would just be a distraction.

After he left, I cleaned the kitchen and waited for the timer to went out. Once it did, I wore the oven mitts and took the tray out. The cheesy smell filled the air and although it was my favourite thing, something didn't feel right. The typical smell of cheese made me nauseous and my belly started churning.

Ignoring it, I took the pizza outside and placed it on the table. Evan cut it into slices and placed it into each of our plates. Fighting the bile rising to my throat, I took a bite of the hot pizza. Unlike Cara and Evan who found it quite tasty, I felt weird on eating it.

"I... I will be back in a minute." I said and stood up to walk towards the kitchen. But I had just covered half the distance when my head started spinning and my vision turned blurry. I supported myself with a side table to stop me from stumbling forwards.

"Scarlet," Evan's panicked voice reached my ears, after which I was picked up into his solid arms.

"Evan," I whispered his name before darkness fully overpowered me.

_________________________

Follow me on insta @me_mahu12 :)