Falling into Temptation

I’ve decided to take this unrequited love and quietly put it away in a corner of my heart as a bittersweet page of my youth. It’s unfortunate but I’m fine with that.

Wish #13: Sleep with someone.

•|•|•|•|•

Dave's POV.

I spent the rest of the day happy. Kath and I had resolved our differences so she would return soon. I felt so happy that I took Sandra out on a date. We had a lot of fun and I was happy, until two days later. Sandra and a few of my friends went out for a hang out.

“Hey man”.

“Sup?”.

We exchanged pleasantries and talked. The guys and I watched football while the ladies talked. I also drank a bit but I tried not to get drunk. Sandra didn’t like it when I was drunk. My phone rang and I took a look at it. It was Ayo. “Excuse me guys” I said, getting up. I went outside and answered the call. “Ayo, what’s up?” I asked.

“What? You…where are you? Why aren’t you here?” Ayo hissed. He sounded upset meanwhile I was confused. I furrowed my brows in confusion, “what do you mean? Why am I supposed to be there?”.

“For Kath’s final wish, didn’t she tell you?” Ayo asked puzzled. I realized what had happened again and I cursed. “Dang it Kath!” I scowled, “she did it again. What is she doing?”.

“um, her last wish. You remember what it is right?”.

I fell quiet in thought and it clicked. The realization of her wish made me more furious. “That girl” I growled, “what is she doing? Who is she with?”.

“She is with Kyle , she plans on doing the deed with him” Ayo answered, “you better come here now and monitor her at least”.

“Monitor her?! How do you expect me not to stop her from doing something extremely stupid?” I exclaimed unhappily.

“Why didn’t you say that to her before now?” Ayo accused.

“I didn’t think it through” I snapped, “now text me the address and I’ll be there. We are wasting time like this”. “Okay” Ayo agreed and hung up. I held my phone in my hand waiting for the text. I went back to my friends. “Guys, Sandra, I have to go something urgent came up” I sort of lied. I didn’t want Sandra to feel bad or jealous that I was leaving because of Kath so I lied.

“Really? What happened?” Sandra asked worried, “is it mom?”.

“No” I shook my head, “I’m not sure exactly what but I have to go. I’m sorry Sandy, I will see you tomorrow”. Sandra looked sad and I felt bad. I am sorry Sandra but I have to go and knock some sense into Kath. I walked out and held my head. I was getting dizzy, the alcohol was starting to take effect.

I shook it off and left. I drove my bike to the address.

It was an apartment hotel kind of place. Ayo told me Kyle is a partner in the hotel and I was amazed. Kyle is really wealthier than I thought. I met Ayo at a lounge outside. It was very impressive, there was even a swimming pool nearby.

“There they are” Ayo said pointing at a laughing Kath. Honestly, as soon as I saw her, I was amazed. She looked so beautiful and next to her was Kyle. My fists clenched in anticipation. “Kath is slightly drunk, I am not so sure about Kyle though” Ayo said, “I think she didn’t tell you because she imagined you would act this way”.

“Whatever” I shrugged it off and approached Kath and Kyle. I crossed my arms in front of them and narrowed my eyes. “Ahem” I cleared my throat and They turned to me. They looked surprised.