Rainbow

Alex's POV:

Alex's POV:

Sitting at work, I can't help but daze off as I look out the window to the city view of New York. As I had predicted the rain was pouring down the busy streets of manhattan. For some reason, my mind kept on thinking about Liam. Something about him pulled me in. His touch, his voice, his...eyes. I snap out of it when I hear Sarah walk in my office.

"Sorry to disturb Miss but I just have some final minor things I need to confirm with you regarding the memorial gala for Mr. Anderson that's next week." She says handing over some documents in a folder.

Ace's memorial gala... A week away. It felt so surreal. The gloomy weather had now also affected my mood. I feel a sudden brick wall hit my path and I can't help but think of Ace and how much I missed him.

"I'll look over them, thanks Sarah," I say with a small smile.

I didn't want to be here anymore. I wanted to go home. MY home, the small tiny apartment I lived in about a year ago. A year before my life took a drastic change. Before I became Ms. Anderson. A widow to a fucking billionaire. I didn't want this. But I now had it, and it's been almost a year.

A year spent living without the man who in a span of 2 weeks opened my eyes and made me feel something different. A man who was taken too soon.

"Is there anything else I can get you, Miss?" Sarah asks

I quickly turn to her, "Sarah what else is on my schedule for today?"

She checks her Ipad that she had in her hand

"Nothing much Alex, just 2 conference calls with our clients," she says

"Sarah clear my schedule for the rest of the day, I'm leaving early," I tell her

She nods and leaves my office. It's been a long day and I wasn't in the mood for staying at work anymore. I needed some fresh air.

I finalize and confirm the final touches on the gala and pack up ready to leave. I look out the window and notice the rain was starting to stop as the sun was being uncovered by the not so gloomy looking any more clouds.

Saying bye to my colleagues, I go down the elevator and exit the building. Once again, I am met with the dashing Liam Wilson who is waiting for me by the car waiting to open the door for me to get in.

"Finished early today?" he asks, flashing his all too perfect smile.

"Ya, I need to clear my mind. Too much going on" I say as I get into the car.

After he closes my door and sits in the driver's seat, his eyes meet mine through the mirror

"Where are we off to Alex?"

"Liam...take me somewhere relaxing," I say with a sigh as I lean my head against the window.

"I have just the place," he says and drives off.

........

After driving for about 20 minutes, Liam stops at a little parking lot with no cars with only trees in sight.

"Were here," he says turning to me

".....Where are we? Are you trying to murder me" I ask

"Haha No that is not my intention..follow me," he says and gets out of the car

I was a bit hesitant at first since he was walking towards the forest of trees... where the hell were we going?

But like any other idiot...I followed Liam. Was I walking towards my death? Maybe. Guess we will have to find out.

"Liam where are we going? I said somewhere relaxing... Not a hike!" I stop to take a breath.

We have been walking in these trees following a path for 10 minutes. I'm certain this man is going to murder me.

"Alex! Stop complaining, were almost there," he says

I let out a little laugh and continue to follow him. He comes to a halt and breaths out....

"We're here."

I walk up to him to see what he's looking at and then I see it.

The most gorgeous sight ever to exist. It was such a beautiful waterfall. Trees surround us in a circle, flowers and grass leading up to the pond with a magnificent waterfall streaming down.

He takes a seat underneath a tree with the view in front of us, I sit beside him.

"Liam this place is gorgeous," I say

"It really is. It used to be one of my favourite spots, I came here almost every day to just get away from reality. To relax" he says

"It used to be?" I ask

He doesn't respond for a moment.

"I haven't been here in a while. I guess, life just got busy but here we are now." he turns towards me with a smile

I close my eyes and lay my head back surrounding myself with the sounds of nature, the waterfall, birds chirping. Liam does the same. We just sit there in silence taking a moment to relax.

"Do you ever wish you could just escape reality? Live a new life, become someone else?" I ask

He takes a deep breath and looks out towards the water.

"Sometimes I wonder what it would be like if I was someone else. If I did things differently or if I could just...I don't know. I probably make no sense right now" I say and let out a chuckle.

"No, you make sense...I used to feel like that too" he says

"It's just, I don't feel like myself sometimes. Like I'm someone else, I'm not me. I'm not Alex"

He looks to the side with pain in his eyes.

"Hey what's wrong," I ask grabbing his hand

"Alex...I-" he hesitates, it seemed like he wanted to tell me something but couldn't speak out the words. After a few seconds, he speaks

"I-I understand how you feel. But you need to understand that life will throw things at you and you will struggle but you can't give up. You must face it. Don't throw away your life because trust me, you will regret losing and hurting the people you love." he says

He holds my hand and gives it a gentle squeeze. I get lost into his icy blue eyes and he gets lost in mine. I feel myself leaning closer but stop when he speaks

"Lookup," he says with a smile

I look up and see a bright and shining rainbow in the sky

"Its the rainbow I promised you"

"Every storm comes with a rainbow...," I repeat his words from earlier in the cafe today

--
As Promised, here is a new update!
Hope you enjoyed, more to come in the following days

Please vote and comment on what you think
Love you all
Bye for now 💋