32 | ilunga

ilunga [ i•lung•a ]
n. a person who will forgive anything the first time, tolerate it the second time, but never a third time

-

"It wasn't my place to snoop around. For that, I am very sorry. What I am not sorry for is what I found. What was in that video, I deserved to know. As for what that man," I seethed out with disgust, "did to your family, he deserves to rot in hell. And I'm going to make it happen if it's the last thing I do. I'm just tired of the lies and the secrets. I've been lied to all my life, obviously, I just don't want to let this continue to happen."

Valentino stood up from his seat and walked around his desk with a look of ponder. He was staring at me with his stone cold eyes. "You want to make it happen?" He asked, a thoughtful expression on his face.

Nodding my head, I pulled away from Vincenzo and walked towards him. "That could work," he said, actually smiling. I don't think his smile was actually a real smile-it seemed more of a smile full of revenge.

"She can't," Vincenzo growled out with a clenched jaw before pulling me right back into his chest as if he were a shield.

"Stop trying to protect me like I'm a child. Everyone keeps acting as if I'm going to break from knowing the truth. I'm fine, and I want to help," I told him, looking up into his eyes.

"You seemed to have forgotten, it's not just you anymore," Vincenzo spoke. Realization clouded my thoughts at the remembrance of the baby.

Angelo looked at me with a confused expression while Valentino looked emotionless as ever.

"Fine, we won't do anything to hurt the thing, but she could help us put an end to this, Enzo," Valentino spoke tauntingly before walking back over to the other side of the desk and sitting down.

"Is she pregnant?" Angelo questioned, his eyes on my stomach.

"Si, padre stupido," Valentino spoke, narrowing his eyes at Angelo. I walked over to the front of Valentino's desk, sitting down on the chair that still burned with the heavenly scent of Vincenzo. [ yes, dumbass father ]

"There's one more thing not in that video: Orabella. Our mother was pregnant with a little girl. Her name was going to be Orabella. It was like he got off on saying your name and remembering the pain he caused when he named you after her," Valentino said. My heart almost broke at the look he allowed to show on his face momentarily before he sobered up and looked away.

"That- that man is a monster," I angrily told him, allowing him to see all the disgust on my face as a tear fell from my eye.

"We're all monsters," Valentino said, nonchalantly. Biting down on my lip, I thought back to the first time I was met with Vincenzo shooting someone as if it were nothing. Then, I thought back to that video. I cant believe that the man I used to look up to was raping someone as if it were nothing.

"I feel like everything that I've ever known is all a lie. It's like I've been living in this bubble, and it's now, it has finally popped," I whisper, looking between Vincenzo and Valentino.

"Welcome to the mafia," Valentino smirked, chuckling, as he spun around in his chair one time.

"I want to help," I told him, leaning back against the chair as my bladder began to quickly fill up once more. I hoped that he could see that I meant business. This was all I've ever needed,the truth. Now that I have it, I feel free. The truth is a lot more powerful that it seems.

"Please," I begged Vincenzo when I saw Valentino was staring at him. Vincenzo looked as if he were calculating something before he finally looked into my eyes.