𝐑𝐚𝐩𝐡 𝐱 𝐈𝐧𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐮𝐫𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫

Requested by @grethandolan63

Title: Hey

I had only been at the lair for half an hour, but I felt that it was time to go.

"Hey, guys. I'm gonna head out. I'll see you later," I smiled at the turtles as I turned to leave.

"Oh, hey!" I looked up to see April; the epiphany of perfect. Model body, great personality, and a perfect life. She walked up to me with her arms wide and I winced on the inside.

"Hey." I said quietly as she hugged me, her long arms not going all the way around me. My hands easily went to the other's elbow. I then gently pushed her away and waved again as I quickly left.

Pushing my headphones into my ears, I tucked my arms into my hoodie pocket and made my way home. 

++++++++++

I woke up at seven with a text from Raphael.

Hey, it said. I furrowed my eyebrow. He never texted me. Never.

Uh, hey, I answered back. He'd started typing back almost as soon as I hit send.

Are you okay, he asked. I sighed, he had noticed something was up. But I had an excuse.

Yeah, it's just my dog died a few days ago, I answered.

You don't have a dog, came his answer. I threw my phone onto my bed and put my head in my hands. He knew.

I'm coming over, he double-texted.

Oh, oh no. 

++++++++++

"It's open!" I called as I heard a knock at my window. It slid open and footsteps sounded on my carpet.

"Hey," Raph said quietly as he leaned against my bedroom door. I nodded back to him and sat heavily on my couch. He came over and sat beside me, turning to face me.

"I'm only going to say this once. What's going on with you?" He asked.

"Nothing," I shrugged and he growled a little bit. "What's your problem?" I snapped in reply and he stood up.

"No, what's your problem? You don't want to be around me, Leo, or anyone else anymore! What? Do you think you're too good to be around us or something?" he stared at me as tears welled up in my eyes.

"Oh, that's rich coming from you. You've always had it out for me, Raphael! You've always hated me. You tell me I'm too dumb to hang out with Leo and Donnie, not strong enough to hang out with you, and don't even get me started on Mikey!" I shouted back at him and he flinched. Then he sighed.

"Look, I'm sorry. Okay? I'm just trying to figure out what's going on with you. You only ever talk to April anymore," he gave me a hopeless look.

"Because I hope that if I hang out with her long enough, I'll be like her. Look like her, sound like her, and just be her. Because I'm not good enough to be around any of you as I am right now," it was silent. I was scared to look at him as I could just imagine what he was thinking.

Ha, you be like April?

Don't make me laugh!

You'd need to be around her forever!

You'll never be like April.

You'll never be good enough.

Never.

"Why do you want to be like April?" Raph suddenly let out, his face scrunched up. It was actually cute.

"Because; just look at her. She's perfect."

"And? You're not?" Raph gestured to me like I was stupid.

"No," I looked down at myself and shifted my eyes away as I noticed the fat on my stomach.

"Who says?" that made me think.

"Me," I shrugged and was suddenly wrapped up in a hug by the hothead.

"Well, I say you're perfect. And by the way, I happen to like someone perfect, but I never really liked April." he winked at me before casually making his way to the kitchen.

Wait. Did he just-

"Raphael!" I shrieked as I made my way to the kitchen after him.

"Raph!"

++++++++++

You are all perfect, don't let anyone else say otherwise! I'm sorry about the week-late update (ooh rhyme!) but I just started online school. I'll try to update, but it's gonna be a little while from now on.

And I hate to say it, but I'm losing interest in this book. I know, I'm a horrible person. It's just been a while and although it may not seem it, I'm actually about to be 18 so it was bound to happen.

THIS BOOK IS NOT OVER YET. So don't delete it from your library. I'm going to finish the few requests I have left and still write in here, but it will be less than I used to.