18 | Feathers

Noticing how bitter Shoto looked across the table, you kept your mouth shut. Not even Natsuo seemed as annoyed as Shoto when Endeavor spoke in his booming voice.

You lifted your gaze up from your plate, as Endeavor called your attention. "How is U.A. treating you, young (y/n)? I heard you are unable to use your close-range quirk at the moment."

"I like it a lot at U.A." You rested your arms on the table. You couldn't forgive him, but you still maintained your manners. "And I'm making progress restoring my quirk back to normal."

"Alright. Therefore, it is not something to be concerned about in the long-term. It should not affect your children either, is that right?" Endeavor crossed his arms over his white t-shirt. You noted that this was the first time you had seen him in casual clothes rather than his hero costume. He had never meddled with you much as most of the time he was at work.

You wrinkled your nose, somewhat weirded out by his question. "Um, I don't think so? Hopefully, it should be okay by the time the Sports Festival comes round."

"Did you hear that, Shoto?"

Todoroki glared at him, before standing up and leaving the table in silent anger intertwined with what had become one of his greatest fears.

"Please, wait, Shoto! The cook made some lovely pudding for us today," Fuyumi said as she stepped into the dining room with a tray of coffee jelly in her hands.

Endeavor shook his hand as he dismissed his daughter. "Leave him, Fuyumi. I will deal with him later. It is about time I set things straight in this house."

---

The bell rang, signalling the end of the morning lessons. Chairs and desks rattled as the rest of the class rushed out of the classroom for lunch. Bakugo narrowed his eyes at you as you packed your books back into your bag. He huffed before sauntering away.

Observing that you weren't walking with Midoriya and Iida, Uraraka returned to the classroom. "Are you not coming to Lunch Rush with us, (y/n)?"

You jolted in your place, surprised that Uraraka had decided to check on you. Shifting in your seat, you scratched your cheek while you shook your head. "Oh, no, sorry. I've got to meet Recovery Girl in a bit, so I packed my own lunch."

With her hands behind her back, the cheerful brown-haired girl smiled at you. "No worries. See you later, yeah?"

"Yeah, definitely!" You found yourself saying, though you didn't know if you would make it alive after having to stand Todoroki's glare set on you if you managed to talk to him.

The classroom was so quiet you could hear a feather drop. As expected, you spotted Todoroki glancing out of the window, as he sat down on his seat at the back of the room. Out of the blue, you felt the usual ice wall that distanced you from Todoroki towering over you.

As you stood up, you pushed your bag further up your shoulder, wondering whether you could address Todoroki now. There was a small possibility that this could help to clear the air between you two. He had been avoiding you since his argument with his father. Every time you tried to ask him what was wrong, he pushed you away.

You were about to open the door to exit the classroom when you heard Todoroki's sulky voice. "Did you want to say something to me, (y/n)?"

You tried to compose yourself. "Yeah, if that's okay."

Todoroki stood up from his seat and strode towards you.

You took a step back, leaving your back against the wall because of how close he got to you. "Um, are you getting through this?"