Chapter 6

Jiang MingYuan looked in the direction that he was pointing at and all he could see were crowds and crowds of people walking in front of them.

"What?"

"Right over there! The little kid in green shorts next to the adult. Let me tell you, that kid looks exactly like you when you were his age!" The man next to him pointed in the direction again, but after looking again carefully, he couldn't find the two of them again.

"Shoot, I think they are gone." He made a "tsk" voice and egged his friend on, "Do you want to go see the security footage? Maybe he is your long-lost son."

Jiang MingYuan casted him a glance. This guy was so tasteless. He then turned and walked in a different direction.

***

Cheng Huan had no idea that she had just crossed paths with the male lead. She walked inside a kids' clothing store with Little Star and started picking out clothes for him.

As a 4-year-old, Little Starhas his own preference. Unfortunately, his sense of fashion was a bit off. Everything that he picked out looked somewhat outdated. Cheng Huan had no choice but to reject all of them cold-heartedly.

Luckily, Little Star wasn't the type of child who'd throw a hissy fit when he couldn't get what he wanted. All he did was pout after he was rejected and still followed behind Cheng Huan like a little tail behind her.

Inside the kids' clothing shop, there was clothing for both boys and girls, mostly girls. Cheng Huan was distracted by all those cute little dresses and was locked in place.

Little Star, seeing how his mother kept on looking at the dresses, feared for himself. He tugged at Cheng Huan's clothes and called out to her softly, "Mom."

"Hmm? What's up?" Cheng Huan turned toward him.

"Those are for girls," said the little kiddo seriously with a straight face. "I am a boy."

SNICKERED.

The salesgirl behind them couldn't help but bust out laughing and said to Cheng Huan, "Your little brother is so cute."

Little Star's voice was too soft when he called Cheng Huan "mom", so the salesgirl didn't hear it. She thought the two of them were sister and brother.

"This is my mom!" Little Star exploded before Cheng Huan could say anything. He threw his little arms around Cheng Huan's leg. With his cheeks puffed up, he cried out, "Not sister, my Mom!"

The salesgirl looked a little embarrassed. She feigned a laugh and said to Cheng Huan, "Pardon me. You look so young. I thought you are sister and brother."

"It's quite alright." Cheng Huan smiled and lowered her head to say to the little kiddo, "Alright, this big sister did not say that on purpose. Will you forgive her?"

Under his mother's look, Little Star reluctantly acknowledged it. Holding Cheng Huan's hand, he turned to the salesgirl again and said, "She is my mom."

"Big sister already knows that she is your mom." The salesgirl reached out her hand, stroked him on his little face, and said, "Big sister was wrong earlier.. I am sorry. Will you forgive me?"

This was the first time Little Star ran into a situation like that. He had no idea how to respond. He looked up at Cheng Huan. Under her guidance, he said to the salesgirl, "Okay, I will forgive you."

Cheng Huan stroked him on his head and said, "Good boy."

After that incident, the little kiddo stuck on to Cheng Huan even more. Every time he saw someone looking at them, he'd tell them that she was his mother.