friends.

KATRINA's POV
MULTI

summer of 94', compton

'Jackie, bring yo ass to the back. You know damn well I called shot gun' Jazmine yelled out as she ran towards the all black jeep.

'Oh hell nawl, I'm too big to be sitting in the back, take yo skinny ass to the back, you'll live' Jackie told her once Jazmine reached the car. I frowned and shook my head, I hated when Jaz would degrade herself.

Yeah she was on the thicker side, but that doesn't mean she's 'fat'. Jackie had the thicker thighs, that complemented that HUGE donkey that was sitting on her back, which people couldn't help but to stare at. Now, Jazmine she had the hour glass figure girls envied. Curved in the right places, with a nice round backside. Both of my best friends have beautiful bodies, that they should love.

'Alright, if y'all gone be going back and forth, y'all could ride with Lesane and em' I told them as I opened my car door. 'Oh uh uh, I'm not gone sit there and wait while those niggas mack to some hoes. I'll take my ass to the back' Jazmine said with disgust and Jackie nodded her head in agreement.

I smiled and got inside, buckled up and drove off towards our other friend's, Eric's house. We were all going to chill there, after leaving the place where our other friend Quik worked.

'I'm sorry but, Tito is the finer Jackson. Debate with ya mother' Jazmine said and me & Jackie snickered.

'Tito's cute and all, but he ain't got shit on my baby Michael' Jackie swooned, and I shook my head.

'Y'all are both wrong. Marlon is where is at!'  I said and they both busted out laughing. 'Whew Trina girl,  you's a mess!' Jaz said and I frowned playfully.

'Y'all blind. Marlon is a cutie, now get y'all asses out' I said as I turned off the car and got out. As we strolled past the gangbangers tryna holla at us, we stopped in the middle of our tracks to see Eric hugged up with some girl. I looked over at Jackie, who looked elsewhere, but her body language told me she was upset.

See, Jackie has a huge crush on Eric and everyone knew it, but him. But deep down, I feel like he does know and he's just trying to play her.

'Wassup short stuff. Who's this?' Jazmine greeted, as we walked up on him, making our presence known. Before Eric could even say anything to us, the girl spoke.

'I'm Tracy, his girl. Ain't that right baby?' Tracy said and pulled his arm around her tighter & kissed his cheek.  Me, Jaz & Jackie all looked at each other before laughing.

'That's cool. I'm Katrina' I said and shook her hand and Jaz & Jackie did the same thing. 'Damn, sis we don't ain't tryna steal yo man' I thought to myself.

'Pac and em should be here in a few. Whatchu got to eat, wet n' wavy?' Jaz said opening the gate to his house, and not missing the opportunity to make fun of his hair. Me and Jackie snickered, while Eric roller his eyes.

'I got some cheese puffs and some chocolate cupcakes up in there, but don't go eating all of my shot man' Eric told her. 'I'm not listening to you, thanks short-stuff' Jaz said and went inside to raid his pantry. After Jaz left, Tracy left too. Then it had got mad quite between us three. Jackie was playing with her nails and Eric was fixing his curls. I needed to make this situation less awkward, but how?

Luckily Pac and the rest of our friends pulled up. I looked up at the sky and said a quick thank you to god, before getting up to go mess with Tyrin about his bus pass.

'Nigga you know how corny that would look if you took a girl home with your bus pass?' I joked and he mugged me. 'You always hating on me Kat, yet you don't even have a car or a man' Tyrin teased and I frowned. 'Ion need a man, cause he probably can't handle all of this' I said and gave my ass two taps before folding my arms. 'Shit, I can' Pac mumbled as he walked passed. I looked at him in awe, I know his fine ass did not–.

Leaving a mental note in my head to speak to him later, I walked into Eric's house alongside Tyrin. I continued to tease him about other things, until the rest of our clique came in. 'Jaz, you ass better have not ate all my puffs!' I heard Eric's short ass holla. Jazmine bolted out of the kitchen, and into living room where we were, sucking the cheese dust off of her fingers. Eric & the rest of them came in and sat all around the living room, except for Jackie. She leaned against the wall and looked elsewhere. I knew there was something bothering her, and I made another mental note to talk to her later.

'Ayo, I'm fucking hungry & bored.' Our other friend, Marlon said as he rubbed his stomach. 'Well we would've had some cheese puffs, if miss thing over here ain't eat all of it!' Eric said rolling his neck, while pointing at Jazmine, who pretended she was asleep.

'How about we order sumn and Tyrin can use his bus pass to pick it up?' One of my friends, Paris tease with a smile. We chuckled and then we agreed on something to eat, before we all put our money in for the shared meal.

While waiting, I decided to go check up on Jackie who was awfully quiet.

'Aye, what's wrong with you?'

Part two is on its way, and yes you can take my word for it.