ʀᴏꜱᴇꜱ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴛʜᴏʀɴꜱ

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄 : 𝐑𝐎𝐒𝐄𝐒 𝐇𝐀𝐕𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐑𝐍𝐒

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Would you forgive a kindred soul that coaxed you to death?

Haruto Ichigo didn't know.

----

Haruto Ichigo seemed like a rival to Karlheinz, but behind the scenes they were anything but. 

Haruto considered Karl to be one of his closest confidants and would go to great lengths to help his fellow politician. Karl was there at his wedding, baby shower, and at the hospital to meet the best thing that's ever come into his life; his daughter Sayaka.

Karl held the infant Sayaka in his hands and, ever so gently, she opened her grey eyes and let a small smile graze her face. Karl knew that Sayaka was the one to carry out his plan from day one. It was a shame he could not have a daughter of his own.

Karlheinz was a man as equally as clever as he was charismatic. Something Haruto would note, and revere, to be quite dangerous to the public. Every word uttered from his mouth from the quickest riposte to his almost prose-like speeches would be taken in by the masses like oxygen. His senior inspired him to work even harder, reach even higher, grasp for even the strings of the puppeteering hands he possessed- 

Haruto paused starkly in his steps as the echoes of a warbling scream flooded through the hallways and into the bleak printing room. Fraying nerves in his body went off, firing across their synapses telling him to run, to hide, to go anywhere but follow that horrid cacophony. 

Time kept moving, but Haruto stayed still as it smoothed over him trying to flatten he goosebumps that now ran over his arms. There was the beeping of the fax machine, the pick-up and occasional slam of a phone, and of course the clockwork noise of the copier, but nothing as the metallic shriek that pierced through the air and settled its claws into.  

That came from Karl's office.

His pace picked up, and one foot after another, and he found himself standing in front of the cherry colored wood door he would often visit for aromatic tea and unbridled conversation with his friend. 

Peering through the glass panes, through the slivers the manilla beige blinds didn't cover, he saw Karl with his back turned, his arms tightly wound around someone. Haruto furrowed his brows as he could just make out the parts not covered by Karls designer suit. Black kitten heels and an outline of a pin-striped pencil skirt that stopped upper-thigh pointed to Megumi, Karl's secretary. 

The two were quite the tryst around the office. Passionate rendezvous after work-hours, lightning-like gazes directed towards each other, and  the many hookups that Karl would tell Haruto about but, thankfully, spared the details of.