40 | chapter forty

Niklaus Wade

Niklaus Wade

Aiden, Xander, and Xavier all have the same similar appearance that screams that they'd fight if they had to because I knew that they had my back despite how basic our interactions have been. I know that the only reason I have somewhat of a relationship to these three guys is due to Nash's relationship with them but the way they've accepted me is more than I could have ever asked for from guys like them who are defined as troublemakers and seek to tease and purposely mess with their classmates, and any other poor unfortunate soul.

Kaylee has her arms wrapped around Eros and Easton who are seemingly the biggest cry babies in this entire room but that's what made them who they are. They're more emotional and 'wimpy' than even myself but those tears of theirs only tell me that they care so much about my wellbeing that they're shedding tears, either that or they just hate confrontation and this situation makes them mildly uncomfortable.

It could be either or both, I wouldn't know until I potentially asked. Kaylee on the other hand is looking directly at me with courage in her eyes and I couldn't help but be reminded of Vera when I look at her. Vera is the strongest woman I know and I can tell that Kaylee will definitely mirror that. Kaylee is silently supporting me and that makes me feel warm inside.

Elijah gives me fatherly look, a look I didn't know existed until now but filled me the feeling that I could concur, and achieved anything as long as I tried. The radiating father figure that I never had with my biological father jumped out at me and startled me at first but only reassured me that if I had no one else in this world I had Elijah and that would just be enough. I felt like I was someone's son and that in itself made me feel like I was standing on top of the world.

Killian, Declan, Chris, and Marcus were similar to Elijah in the way that felt like father figures to me except for the fact the Elijah's was more raw, maybe because I'm actually his son and I'd fight anyone who disagreed with that statement. They were all encouraging me with the warm assurance that they had my back through thick and thin, and no one would stop them from attacking if need be.

The last person who met my gaze was Gnashton.

I didn't know how to explain the way my heart began to beat faster, the air inside my lungs deflating slowly as my legs began to feel like jelly. He made me feel emotions no one was ever capable of, or would ever would be capable of, evoking out of me.

The love that pours out of him wordlessly, the support that glimmers through his beautiful hazel eyes, the twitch of his larger than life fist as they clench with the readiness to attack, the emotions dancing a jig unseen before by regular onlookers reach out to me and wrap their arms around me in an embrace that begins to calm down every single nerve that entangled my body in whatever remaining and leftover fear I had left.