•chapter fourteen•

flirting

We get to the diner and head inside together. Lili and I sit on the inside of the both while the guys sit on the outside. I sit beside Lucas and Lili sits besides Grey.

Poor Lili.

Although she seems to be enjoying herself and I even catch her staring at him. He doesn't notice.

Not many people are in the diner, making it a little quite except for the soft vintage hums of music playing on the jukebox. I stare at the menu when I feel a very large foot hit mine hard.

I look up and glare at Grey knowing full well, his giant feet are the cause of my uncomfortable state.

I look down to see his legs still bent underneath the table. His foot is touching mine from across the table. I've never really stood side by side by this guy only face to face, so I guess I underestimated the height of this giant.

"What are you going to get?" Lucas asks.

"Um-" I hum, still skimming the menu. I bite my lip trying to find what I was just looking at.

Grey coughs and hits my foot, causing me to jump.

"Man, keep your feet to yourself." Lucas chuckles.

"I'm getting the regular cheeseburger with a strawberry milk shake." I solidify my order.

"Nice. I'm getting the reg cheeseburger with a vanilla milkshake. What about you guys." Lucas nods the Grey and Lili.

"The double cheeseburger with an Oreo milk shake!" Lili rubs her hands together.

"Double cheeseburger with chocolate shake." Grey says grimly.

"Are you ok dude? You've been weird since after school." Lucas concernedly asks.

"I'm good." Grey grumpily replies.

"He's always a grumpy." I mumble and wave him off.

"Oh fuck off." I hear him mumble back.

"Hi, I'm Jasmine and I'll be your waiter tonight." Jasmine greets.

She looks at Grey and her whole demeanor changes.

"What can I get you girls?" She says with a little disgust lacing her words.

We order and she changes her voice to a sultry tone when taking the boys order. "What can I get you?" She winks at Lucas.

Lucas seems to not notice and orders regularly.

"And you handsome?" She nods to Grey.

This time Grey notices and flirts back. typical.

Once she leaves the oblivious Lucas asks "Dude! Why were you flirting with that poor girl?"

After finishing our meal the guys insisted on paying. Lili and I went to the jukebox while they spilt the bill and tip.

"What abouttttt- this one!" Lili shouts, flipping to A Teenager In Love by Dion and the Belmonts.

"I love this song!" Lili drags my hand and starts swinging me around. "It was in my favorite movie Flipped!" I twirl.

Lili and I giggle while we dance in the diner together. We spin and sway like there's no tomorrow.

"Do you like Lucas?" She asks while spinning around.

"No....why?"

"Because I think someone has eyes for you." She smiles mischievously.

"Who?" I ask stopping our dance.

"Grey." She wiggles her eyebrows.

"No! He hates me." I laugh out.

"I don't know V..."

"What does that mean!" I shriek out.

"Ready to go ladies?" Lucas calls out.

We make our way outside and I realize I left my car in the school parking lot.

"I live in Green-village." Lili says.

"Um- ya- No way me too!" Lucas stumbles a little. He offers her a ride and I stand there awkwardly.

"I can take you home too V." He offers.

I so want to, but Green-village is the complete opposite direction from where I live, and I don't want to inconvenience Lucas.

"It's ok, I'll ask Grey if I can get a ride. We live in the same neighborhood anyway."

"Are you sure?" Lucas asks. His brows furrow in an almost concerned one.

"I'm sure." I try to give my best reassuring smile.

Hopefully Grey says yes.

"I'll be over here if Grey says no. If he says yes just text me." He winks at me. We ended up exchanging numbers in art class before our plans, deciding it was a good idea.

"Ok!"

I make my way to Grey's car and my legs shake from being a little intimidated.

"Hey Grey," I greet shyly.

"What the fuck do you want." He asks sternly.

"Um-" I flinch a little at his stern voice. "I was wondering if I could catch a ride with you since we live in the same neighborhood?" I ask peering through my lashes to see him.

He looks down at me and an emotion I can't figure out flashes through his eyes.

"Fuck it, why not." He shrugs, a little sarcastically, he throws his hands up a tiny bit.

"Thank you!" I smile hopping in his car.

••••
VOTE
COMMENT
FOLLOW
🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞