21

Today was the Resistance's last day in Religne, therefore it was mine too. However, I still didn't have the guts to talk to my mom about it, we've both avoided the conversation of the Resistance leaving. 

"You know you have to talk to her, she'll be understanding" Poe says to me, knowing what I was thinking. "Ugh I know, I will miss her too much." Poe and I were currently in my room getting ready for the day, with me laying on my bed staring at the ceiling. 

Poe jumps onto the bed next to me and gets on top of me in a push up position. "You know princess, I will miss seeing you at your home, you look so happy." I lift up and peck his lips, "I'll be happy as long as I am with you." I say winking at him and he falls onto me, wrestling with me and flipping us over so I am on top.

"That was the cheesiest thing I've ever heard you say, darling." He says with a bright smile, "Yeah, don't tell anyone, it might ruin my street cred." he rolls his eyes at me and pulls me down so he can kiss me again. 

And just like always, Jess seems to interrupt at the worst times, "Hey Elise, can I borrow some toothpaste- Oh my god why am I always the one to walk in on you kissing. Absolutely disgusting." Jess says while barging into my room, and I get off of an upset Poe. 

"I don't appreciate it either, Jessika." Poe says bluntly and I laugh as I walk to my bathroom and hand Jess the toiletry she was asking for. "You know that could all be fixed by knocking." I mention and she rolls her eyes. 

"That is no fun, anyways go back to your stuff. Use protection." I slammed the door in her laughing face and Poe was wiggling his eyebrows at me. 

"Not a chance, Dameron." He huffs and crosses his arms like a child, making me chuckle. 

"We should go down now, BB-8 is gonna start liking Rey more than you." I say since that little droid has been non stop following Rey around. "Not a chance, I am basically his father." Poe says while pulling a shirt on over his head and following me out of my room. 

Just as we were about to head down the stairs Poe pulls me back by my hand, "You need to go talk to you mom, El." I put my head down, knowing he's right. He kisses my head and runs down the stairs leaving me to go conquer the beast. My mom. 

I walk to her room and knock on her door, I hear a faint "come in" and crack open the door to see my mom making her bed. "Oh Elise, it's you, come in." I walk into her gigantic room and sit on a white couch across from her bed. "How did you sleep, mom?" I ask and pick up some sort of gown magazine on her table, typical. 

"Pretty good, what about you and Mr. Dameron?" She says with a smirk and I roll my eyes, she Is very desperate to know details about my relationship. "Oh you know me, the usual, constant sex." I say with a straight tone and my mom sends me a glare. 

"Sarcasm is quite rude missy." and I laugh at her, I'll miss our relationship. "So I wanted to talk to you about the Resistance leaving today." I say and she hands me a cup of tea and sits next to me. "You're leaving with them right?" She says and I am left my my mouth agape, I didn't expect her to be so natural about it. 

"I couldn't expect you to stay here forever, my worst nightmare would be to keep you from your full potential. You love being out in space with your best friends. Plus that Rey girl could use a trainer like you." She puts her hand on my back and I put my head on her shoulder. 

"I don't want to leave you again." I say, voice cracking. My mom was the only constant thing for me when growing up, it was hell being without her. "I don't want to be without you either sweetie, but I can give you a communication device and you can tell me all your stories. Then when you win the war you can think about me again. I will always be here." I bring her into a hug, I don't know who I would be without my mom. 

"We need to go downstairs before we both start crying." she says getting up and putting her hands out for me too grab onto. 

-----

I was currently sitting with Rey, Finn, Poe, and Jess at lunch and Poe and Finn were arguing if Tatooine or Jakku was worse. 

"At least Luke fucking Skywalker came out of Tatooine, what came out of Jakku? Sorry Rey." Poe says and Rey shrugs, "Nah I get it, but I think Jakku is worse too. At least Tatooine has cities." 

"Okay but have you ever seen a sand person on Jakku? No. Exactly." Finn says, "That is a good point Finn" I say, those sand people were so annoying. "El you're supposed to be on my side." Poe says with jokingly. 

"Okay but I think we can all come to the conclusion that out of them all, Hoth is the worst." Jess says and we all nod in agreement. No one knows why we are debating this, but we're having fun. 

As we were laughing we were interrupted by my mom standing in the front of the dining room, "Hello Resistance, I just wanted to make sure I tell you all how brave and amazing you guys all are before you leave tonight. You all are helping the galaxy in great ways and I know you will all do amazing work in defeating the First Order." She steps off the podium and Leia takes her place, telling us our procedures for leaving.

"I am going to miss your mom, she likes making fun of you almost as much as I do." Jess whispers into my ear and I nudge her, telling her to be quiet. 

"We will be leaving within the next hour so please get everything you need before we make our way to Ajan Kloss, meet by the Falcon in 30 minutes!" We all start to go back into our separate ways, going to our rooms to grab the little amount of things we have. 

----

Poe follows me into my room and immediately spins me around into a kiss, catching me by surprise but I melt into his touch automatically. "Hm what was that for Commander?" I ask him softly, his hands still on my lower back and mine around his neck. 

"We have no clue what is in store for us at Kloss, so might as well make the most of the few minutes we have left." Before I could answer him he brings me back into a kiss, pushing me up against the wall behind us. 

This kiss felt different than the others, while still filled with love, it felt more needy and lustful. My hands found their way into his hair, pulling slightly which Poe seemed to enjoy because he let out a soft groan. He picked me up, putting his hands on the back of my thighs, he started to kiss down my neck, focusing on the more sensitive parts that made me weak in the knees.

He carries me over to my bed and lays me down while climbing back on top of me, kissing me once again, his movements filled with desire. His hands roam under my shirt and the feeling of his rough finger on my bare skin sent shivers down my spine. But once I felt his other hand reach the waistband of my pants, I knew we wouldn't be able to stop. 

I stop his hand and he pulls away from my lips, confused. "We don't have enough time, and if we start I am afraid we won't be able to stop." He nods and flops over to lay next to me. Both of us sharing staggering breaths from the heated few minutes we shared. 

"I love you with all of my heart Elise." Poe says while looking at me with his deep brown eyes.

"I know"