Parenting 3

Pound
Pound
Pound

"M-mom.."

Monet and Isaac are at the back seat of the car and Monet is punching the empty back of the seat in front of her while the car is moving home.

She is still mad.
Though she ask people to beat those scums she is still angry.

She glares at Isaac.

"You will learn self defence from now on. You better not let this kind of thing happen again." But at least she regain her sanity and her calmness making Isaac less wary and scared of her.

Isaac nods.
At first, he thought, Monet is really over reacting. She is not even related to his mother. But she sure flips out more intensely.
But as he thinks it over his anger risen.
Why is it his new mother felt more enrage for his mother?
It was his own mother who use her life in exchange for his life!
He swore never to let this to happen again.

When they reach their house Monet is already back to normal.

She is smiling or rather smirking.

"There's alot to choose from. Which is your father's specialty?" She asks.

"I am not really sure but Uncle Kevin is doing Karate. He always overpraised himself."

"Oh! Right. He is good at self defense. Let's go seek his help."

"But Uncle Kevin never stays in one place. Except for Dad and Uncle Harry, nobody knew where to find him."

"I know where he was. Driver go to this location."

".....Did dad told you?"

"I did my own homework before I Marry your dad." Monet grabs Isaac's chin.
"I will also ask him to fix your sorry face. You look like a loser, right now."

Isaac eyes widen but then he nods.

***

Kevin is sleeping soundly in a his make shift house.
A mini truck turn into a mini mobile house.

Knock.
Knock.
Knock.

"H-huh?"

Knock.
Knock.
Knock.

"Urgh. How did they find me?" Kevin took his underpants and wear it as he groggily went to the door.

"Uncle!"

"Little Isaac, what? How?"

"Kevin, sorry to disturb you."

".....Monet?"

After a long paused Kevin invited them in.

Take his clothes on and offer them a drink.
Not everyone,no, no one will believe that a successful Electronic company boss is leaving in a mobile house and sleeping on the street every night like a stray dog.

"How did you find me?" Kevin asks while cleaning Isaac's face.

"I have connections."

"Right~"

"I want you to help Isaac learn karate. Martial arts and everything you can teach him."

"Did you ask Ian first?"

"He is unable to go now because he is busy. I will ask his permission tonight."

"Ask him first. There are reasons why he didn't enroll Isaac to those workshops."
Kevin said and look at Monet. "Thank you for standing up for Wendy. She was a very precious friend to us."

Monet nods.
"No need. I believe Wendy is part of our lives no matter what other people say. We are co parents of Isaac and we are both wives of the same man. I do not have any ill feeling toward a member of my family."

"......ah..Well, thanks. I don't get you though."
Kevin smiles.

Isaac is not saying anything but he is taking everything to heart.

Wendy is his birth mother.
And Monet is his step mother.
But they are both his mother.
In the future, he should always be filial to both of them.
Because they are family.

"So...Where will you to head now?" Kevin asks.

"Home." Monet said and grab Isaac's hand. "Tomorrow we will be back. Please help Isaac by then."

"Are you certain Ian will agree with you?"

"He is my husband. I will respect whatever his decision may be......But that is after I told him all the pros and cons first."

"I see. Spartan way of making some one agree huh. Okay, you two should go."

"And.."

"I will handle it. Those people won't be able to talk of what happened. Give me and Harry two days before you let Isaac go back to school. Tidying dirt will be complete by then."

"Hmmm."

"Uncle...Thank you."

"Why are you being distant now? Don't think too much. Uncle will always be on your side."

"Hmm."

***

That night, Ian went home in a very bad mood.
He thinks everyone is conspiring to piss him off.
He can't even go home early because of some trouble.
Usually he will drop everything to come running when Isaac is in trouble but his reliable wife says she will do it and he feel more at ease with her handling it. But after not being able to hear from her, he was been under alot of stress.

"Dad," Isaac runs to him and he scoops him easily into his arm.

Looking at those bruise Ian can't help but to gnash his teeth together.

"Husband, welcome home."

Ian took a deep breath and he swallowed all the anger he was feeling. He really want to scold Monet. Why didn't she call back and tell him what happened? But remembering that she just got married to him  yesterday and this already happened, he feel awful and sorry for her.

But Monet calm voice soothes him.
He leans to her to kiss her cheek.

"You should have called me when you arrive at the school. Did they bully you too?"
His voice is soft and comforting and sorry.

Monet smiles.
"I didn't call because you are busy. Let's talk about what happened after dinner. I don't want to ruin our family dinner."

".....okay. Is my little Isaac badly hurt?"Ian asks and kiss Isaac face.

Isaac giggles and shakes his head.

"Dad, I want to learn self defence!"

"......do not confuse self defense and violence, okay?" He wryly smile.

"We are not confuse. I believe Isaac is a boy who knows the difference of the two. I support him to learn it!"

"Not you too."

"Why?"

"Okay. Let's eat dinner first then let's talk what happened and why are you two so into self defense."

"I am pretty sure you know why." Monet pouts.

Ian smiles and put his other arm around Monet's waist and pull her lightly so they will be closer then he kiss her forehead.

"Do not pout like that."

A/N:

I went out just to be disatisfied and went home without buying anything. Sigh