Chapter 14:Side Effects

Two weeks had passed, and it was the day before the stupidest day of the year. The school day had just ended and all of the girls were whispering to one another. Yeonmi looked at them and rolled her eyes.

Felix made his way to her desk and gave her a smile. Yeonmi rolled her eyes at him as well, but in a joking manner.

"Am I walking you to the car again?"He asks.

"No, not today."Yeonmi replies.

"Why?"

"Just because I should be walking with Jaemin and the others. You've been walking with me everytime, rumors are flying around the school."

"Oh, are they?"

Be bold, this is your only chance Yeonmi.

"I'll see you tomorrow, okay?"Yeonmi tells him as she picks up her bag.

Before Felix could say anything Yeonmi kissed him on the cheek then sprinted out of the classroom. She smiled to herself as she ran away. It took her a second to figure out where to go, but she decided to go to Renjun's locker. When she got there she was a smiling mess, and Renjun knew everything.

"Did you do it?"He asked.

"Yeah,"she said excitedly. "I'm making stuff for Valentine's day, so tell Taeyong I'm only going to the store and I'll walk home."

"You're actually doing something for Valentine's day?"Renjun looked at her surprised at the words that had come out of her mouth.

"I think I'm over what happened three years ago. Plus this time it's for more people than just one person."

"Well, Taeyong isn't going to let you walk home. Go walk to the store near the school now and buy the things you need. We'll wait in the car for you, just don't take five years."

"Can you take my backpack?"

Renjun nods his head and Yeonmi takes off her backpack, handing it to him.

"You have your wallet? And you have something right?"

"It's in my pocket."Yeonmi explains before bolting off.

She ran out of the school and went to the store near the school. As much as she hated Valentine's day, this year felt different. Maybe because she actually had brothers she cared about this year, or because she found an escape from a five year prison.

Walking into the store she was greeted by the worker, and she bowed back respectfully. Yeonmi made her way to where all the chocolate was. She picked out a few bars and went to go pay for them. It was the only thing she needed, everything else was at home.

When Yeonmi stepped outside the van had just pulled up. Jaemin opened the door and stepped out for her to get in first. When she went in, and when Jaemin also went, Taeyong zoomed off.

"Hyung, why the rush?"Jeno asked.

"We have a raid to get to. Yuta overheard about a warehouse with drugs and guns. If we acquire all of this we'll be loaded, not to mention we have to pay for more upgrades for the safe house.

Everyone, this means when we get home to change clothes, meet Ten for earpieces and tracking, meet Winwin for weapons, and go to Jaehyun for more information."

"How long are we going to be out?"Yeonmi asked, concerned about the amount of time she had to prepare everything.

"Well the warehouse is in Daejeon, so it'll take two hours at most to get there. When we get there we all have to spread out and scout the area before raiding. We'll be home by 12 the latest if we leave homebase by 5:45."