Chapter 37

I started screaming.

"Oh god! It's just me babe", he said and I turned to look at him.

"Happy birthday", I heard people scream and I turned around to find my family as well as his family standing over there with huge smiles. I am almost on the verge of tears but I control myself.

"Your reaction was epic"

"You screamed like a girl", Sanjay said as he started laughing. I crossed my arms in front of my chest and narrowed my eyes.

"You didn't forget I'm a girl right?"

He just shook his head and started laughing.

"Happy birthday chachi", Natasha said as she hugged my waist.

"Thank you and thank you everyone"

One by one everyone came and hugged me and said sorry for not wishing earlier. Arjun just stood there and watched me.

"Arjun! Will you not wish your wife?", My mother-in-law said as she twisted his ear.

"Ow! Ow! Mom! I'll wish her", he said, but he didn't come. Instead, I just concentrated on enjoying. After that was the cake cutting and because it was my first birthday with my good for nothing husband, we will have to cut the cake together.

He stood next to me and placed a hand on top of the one that held the knife. Oh how I wished to kill him with this knife.

"Offo! How many times to tell you, you can't kill the person you-"

I blocked the voice in my head once again. No! By the time I was focusing on my inner voice I realised the cake was already cut and Arjun took out a small piece from the cake and brought it to my mouth. He gestured for me to open my mouth and I did so and he shoved the piece inside my mouth. Oh how I wished to bite his finger.

As if knowing what was going inside my brain right now, he smirked and took his hand away from me.

"Chachi, feed him also na!", Natasha said and I looked at Arjun to find his smirk widening. I knew what was going inside this humans' head. I took out a small piece from the cake and brought it to his mouth.

He took a bite of the cake and  accidentally bit my finger. I glared at him as he did so and he just laughed it off.

And then was the time for my makeup because before I could even register what was happening next, my head was smashed into the cake and some cake was even put on my hair. Not the hair!

When I took a look at everyone they were laughing at my misery while I pouted.

"Awww, what happened babe?", Arjun said as he turned me around to face him and took a tissue in his hand and started wiping only the excess cake from my face. He wasn't even wiping it properly. I just ignored him and focused on anything but him. I was trying to control my erratically beating heart because he stood too close, and that to in front of everyone. I wasn't a fan of PDA.

"Ignoring me?", he whispered in my ear, his breath tickling my ear lobe. I just shivered and was saved when Sonia and mom called everyone as they were serving food. I quickly ran off and helped them, didn't know why I didn't go to the washroom and wash my face. Maybe it was the fact that I was starving the whole day.

❤️❤️❤️❤️

"Bye everyone", Sanjay and Yashvi said at the same time before they left along with mom and dad. After that Arjun and Roshan took the gifts to our room and I sat there making funny faces in front of Aryan so he would lighten up a little since he was crying for the last 10 minutes.