Chapter 3

Inside his dimly lit room, Levi stood before a mirror, fixing the raven bangs of his hair. He ran a hand through it, letting it hang loosely on his forehead.

It was Saturday, an off day that he should've spent in the covers of his mattress. However, the constant ringing of his phone and the continuous beeping of an incoming message was enough to disrupt the peace he wanted to savor for himself.

The screen of his phone lit up and his grey irises glanced over it as it flashed a message.

Mike: I'm outside. Hurry up and come out while there's still no one around.

Sighing, he grabbed his phone in haste and puts the hoodie of his jacket over his head. After making sure that all the lights are turned off, wires plug off and the stove off, he threw one last glance over his own reflection on the mirror before exiting.

Sure enough, plain black skinny jeans and some baggy hoodie was enough to wear for the party his friend Mike has been shitting on for almost a week now. It's apparently his girlfriend's birthday party and he wanted to at least bring one of his friends.

For that matter, Erwin was always busy and obviously does not have time to goof around.

Behind the building, the rear lights of Mike's car lit up as if acknowledging that he had seen Levi. Without further ado, the raven-haired walked towards it, taking in the setting sun behind where the car is.

"You should've hurried up," It was the first thing that went out from Mike's mouth just right as Levi climbed up the car, sitting on the front seat.

Slamming the door close, he turned to the taller man, "I still have to check every corner of my—"

"Yeah, sure."

The engine immediately roared to life and the car went into a zoom.

The comfortable silence within the car was evident. Levi roamed his eyes throughout the whole car until he caught an eye of a bouquet of roses and a small paper bag placed on the backseat through the rear-view mirror.

He huffed in amusement, "You're that serious, huh."

"That's right," Mike answered, eyes still on the road. "That's why I need to bring you with me to at least show her a part of my life. She has been complaining how she knew so little of me so I thought I just had to do this... sorry, man."

It was indeed a first for the blond-haired man to say such things. The way he's acting right now, all serious and determined, just speaks how deep he has fallen to whoever he's currently seeing at the moment.

Good for him, Levi thinks. This might've been the reason why Mike has been always so preoccupied for the past month.

"Anyway, how about you? Finally called that number?"

The way the usual neutral look on Levi's face distorted into surprise and embarrassment was so obvious that Mike couldn't help but sneer at it. Seeing Levi acting like a stupid teenager, which was in contrast with the maturity and brash personality he usually has, makes the taller man want to tease the hell out of him.

Shooting a pointed look, he answered in a deep tone. "Fuck off and mind your own fucking business."

"Oh, come on." Mike mused. "You're missing an opportunity here."

"The only opportunity I missed is a good night's rest."

The taller man was about to laugh however the car engine's gurgled as it slows down, the sound steadily going off. Surprised, Mike immediately turned the steering wheel, making the car stop by the sideway and not exactly in the middle of the road.