Seventy Three

Jazmyne was sitting in the passenger's seat of Elly's car. Elly walks out of the gas station, sitting down in the driver's seat. She hands Jazmyne her soda before grabbing her phone.

Jazmyne smiles, "Thank you. Hey, guess what?"

Elly looks over, "Wassup?"

"I think Lucas and Tati are gonna work out. I mean, really work out".

Elly nods, "I hope so. Lucas had gotten his heartbroken too many times. Especially with Gabi, that shit really broke him".

Jaz frowns, "I hate that. He seems like such a good guy. And Gabi seems like a likable person it's just, she makes bad decisions without thinking about other people".

Elly nods, "Yeah. I hope Gabi can figure herself out before she hurts anyone else".

Jazmyne nods and takes a sip of her soda. Elly grabs her phone, quickly checking her email. She almost drops her phone, reading the email sent from the school.

"Holy shit! I made the team!"

Jazmyne smiles, "Good job! Let me see!"

Elly turns her phone, both of them reading the email. Jazmyne smiles and grabs Elly's arm. "Congrats!"

**
Elly walks into her house, "Ma! Guess what?"

Ana looks up from her paperwork, sighing. "What, Elenor?"

"I made the team! Practice starts Monday and our first game is on-".

"Good to hear. Can you clean up a little? Your sister and Jose are coming over for dinner, bringing the girls. I have work to do".

Elly's smile drops and she looks down at her phone. "You wanna read the email at least?"

"Elenor, I really don't care right now. I have work to do. Call your father or something".

Elly stares at her mom for a few seconds before walking off to her room, slamming her bedroom door shut.

She shakes her head and calls her dad. "Pops! Hey, I know you're at work but can you talk for a few?"

"Of course, Mija. What's up?"

"I made the team! Practice starts Monday and our first game will the next week on Friday!"

"Mija! Good job, baby! What position are you playing?"

"Uh, they got me as shooting guard and small forward".

"That's my girl. I'm so proud of you! Damn, wish I could be there to see ya face! Imma start making arraignments to come to see ya first game".

Elly smiles and shakes her head. "I know it's just a regular high school basketball team but I haven't been on the court for forever, it feels".

"I understand. Do you know any of the girls on the team? Made any friends?"

"Nah, but we'll meet Monday so hopefully I can find one person who I can be chill with",

Ana walks over to Elly's room, knocking in the door. "Excuse me, I asked you to come to clean the house!"

From the other side of the phone, Elly's dad rolls his eyes and mocks her. Elly sighs and nods, "Okay! Dad, I gotta go, call you later?"

"Of course, Mija. Te amo".

"Te amo pops". Elly hangs up the phone, groaning and walking out her room.

**
Benjamin was at the dinner table with his mom, leaning his head on his hands.

Ms.Evans shrugs, "I wanna try dating but I feel like I'm too old and ugly for that".

Benjamin looks up, shaking his head. "Don't say that, mom. You're literally gorgeous".

Ms.Evans takes a bite of her food, furrowing her brows at Benjamin who was yawning. "You tired, honey? You've been awfully quiet".

Benjamin shrugs, "Maybe just a little. Not really hungry".

Ms.Evans frowns, "Okay. How about you go take a shower and head to bed? I'll make you breakfast in the morning".

"Are you sure? I don't wanna waste and it seems silly to leave you out here by yourself".

"Don't worry, babe. I have some work to finish anyways. Go on".

Benjamin smiles softly, setting his plate in the sink. "Goodnight".

Benjamin walks up to the room and gets in the shower. He lets the water hit his face, rubbing his eyes. He lets out a deep breath before shaking his head and washing his body.

He finishes his shower, putting in his pajamas and getting in bed. He sees a text from Noah, smiling softly.

noah :p : hey now that i'm not afraid to say this i'm gonna overuse it but i love you and hope you sleep well princesa

Benjamin giggles and sends a text back.

Noah, in his room, looks at his phone as the screen lights up. He pauses the game he was playing on his ps4 and opens the message.

princesa :3 : welllll since i'm not afraid to say it anymore either, i love you too and i hope you sleep good.

princesa :3 : i love you. sorry just wanted to say it again. okay, i'm done being gross and gay. night babe.

Noah smiles and sends a heart back. He unpauses his game although the smile never left his face.

Mateo walks in, having just gotten out of the shower. "Hey-...You good?"

Noah nods and looks over, "What's up?"

Mateo sits in his bed, shrugging. "I was wondering what you guys use the basement for. It's like, hella crowded in here and I was wondering if they'd let me live in the basement".

Noah nods, "Uh, yeah. I can ask. I don't really know what it's being used for but I don't mind asking".

"Sweet".

**