12. Breath of Fresh Air

~◍☆-✿-☆◍~

At Baadi, Ragini was happy about her life being back to normal. She had her shower and did her morning aarti with her soulful bhajan. Later she ran to the kitchen to hug Sharmishta from behind. She had a broad smile which clearly showed her happiness and peace.

While in Maheswari Mansion, Swara opened her eyes to see Laksh sleeping peacefully with her in his embrace. What else could she ask for? She slept peacefully after a long time. She woke up trying not to disturb Laksh's sleep and went to freshen up. She had anarkali suits to wear from now as saree wasn't something she could handle. Though Sharmishta and Ragini taught her to wear it, she decided not to take a risk by wearing it on the first day itself. Saree can be worn on some special day, for someone special! She bit her inner cheek to stop herself from grinning like an idiot.

Swara was before the mirror grooming herself when Laksh woke up from his deep peaceful slumber and smiled seeing his beautiful wife. This is most divine morning he had after a long time.

"Woke up early?" He snaked his hands above Swara's hand and held her close. "Looking beautiful. But I expected saree."

"Can't mess up on the first day itself." Swara said clicking her tongue out.

Laksh smiled and placed a peck on her forehead. He stared lovingly when Swara filled her 'maang' with sindoor.

•~•×✿ו~•

"Again tensed?" Ragini rolled her eyes. "Are you competing with pressured cooker?"

"How you managed all these Ragu? I managed to attend the aarti in a nick of time, all thanks to luck. Now, I have to cook." Swara shared her worries with her sister. Responsibilities are new to her.

"You had been learning cooking here, no? Then, what? Everything will be fine, dee. Take a deep breath." Ragini tried to ease Swara's fear.

"Cooking there and here is different, na! I'm going to mess the whole thing here. I think I will be coming back home today itself."

"Stop your stupid blabber and go meet Maa. Then you will be fine." Ragini smiled and shook her head.

•~•×✿ו~•

"Kheer is so tasty, beta." Durgaprasad complimented the kheer cooked by Swara as a part of her Pehali Rasoi ritual.

"Come here, dear." Annapurna called Swara and gave her the 'nek' (reward) for her efforts while Swara touched her foot bringing a smile on the family member's face.

"I didn't know that my bhabhi cook this well." Sanskar complimented while Swara took her seat besides Laksh smilingly.

"True. Seeing her so nervous before entering kitchen, I thought she would a newbie in kitchen chores." Pari said amazed.

"I'm, bhabhi. I'm so new to all these. Woh, I was getting training at home in last few months." Everyone chuckled on hearing Swara. "And this kheer is Ragini's recipe. She had told me that everyone here loves kheer."

•~•×✿ו~•

"Papa, Swara made kheer today there. She told everyone was happy. Our Shona is growing." Ragini giggled in between her chattering while the family was having lunch.

Shekhar saw her lovingly and caressed her head. "She will; at last, she is your sister."

After the lunch, everyone was sitting in the drawing room. Ragini eyed Sharmishta unknown to others, to which she replied a nervous 'no'. Ragini tried to persuade her with a cute pout which made Sharmishta nod her in defeat. She was happy her daughter has come a long way against all the odds.