chapter twenty-four.

ALLISON WALKED INTO THE PRISON, BREATHING HEAVILY, SETTING DOWN HER GUNS ON THE TABLE.

"We're not leaving." Rick protested as every one gathered around, debating whether or not they should fight or flight after this attack.

"We can't stay here." Hershel told him. Allison nodded, agreeing.

"What if he brings in more people? Another sniper?" Allison asked rhetorically, Rick sighing in response.

"We can't even go outside." Sophia told them in a small voice, holding her gun close.

"Not in the daylight." Carol said out loud, putting her hand on her daughters shoulder.

"Rick says we're not going, we're not going." Glenn spoke his mind, Allison humming in response.

Merle laughed at her reaction. "Better to live like rats, no?" Allison looked to him, wondering if he had a point.

"You got a better idea?" Rick snapped at him.

"Yep. Should've slid out here last night, lived to fight another day." Merle shrugged and Allison looked to Rick, his eyes darting around the room. "I'm sure he's got scouts on every road out of this place by now."

"We ain't scared of that prick." Daryl told him, venom in his voice.

"Y'all should be."

Allison walked into the other cell, not wanting to listen to their banter any longer.

-

The blonde walked towards the cell, seeing Merle fixing his knife on his hand. "Didn't expect you to be in here. Allison, is it?"

Allison didn't say anything as she sat down, looking at him with squinted eyes. "Merle."

He hummed and looked to her, chuckling. "I saw you earlier, you agreeing with me?"

Allison thought for a second before she nodded. "You seem like the only one who knows their shit about this governor guy..." She shrugged. "Why not?"

"This guy, he ain't as rational as y'all think." Merle started. "He'll kill your sisters, the kids, the baby, Daryl... whoever else is left and then he'll kill you last, making you watch the people who you know and love, die. That's who your dealing with."

Allison hummed and then looked to him. He looked back, leaning back and chuckling. "What?"

"I just see what my brother see's in you. You blonde badass." Merle laughed as she just scoffed, walking out from the cell.

She bumped into Daryl on the way, him gripping her arm. "What'd he say to you?" He growled.

Allison looked to him and then to the ground, speaking softly. "Why'd you leave?"

Daryl didn't have time to answer as Carl came into the cell frantically. "Andrea's here."

Allison ripped her arm from his hand and grabbed her machine gun, running outside with Rick, Daryl, Merle, and Michonne.

"Are you alone?" Rick yelled, looking around.

"Open the gate!" Andrea yelled, holding a walker in front of her.

"Are you alone?!" Rick asked again, this time yelling it.

"Rick!" Andrea protested.

Allison kept her gun up, not knowing whether to trust her or not. Merle opened the gate once Rick told them it was alright and she ran in, immediately being placed on the ground, being checked for weapons.

Everyone looked to Andrea, shocked that she was there and alive. Allison just glared at her, remembering that day at the house, with Beth.

Rick entered the cell block, everyone else going in after Andrea. She looked around and didn't see everyone she knew from the farm.

Allison set her gun on the table and sat next to Daryl, Merle shooting him a knowing look.

"I can't believe this." Andrea gasped, looking at every one. "Where's Shane?"

Allison looked down, memories flooding back that she didn't wanna remember. Rick just shook his head, looking away from her.

"And Lori?"

Allison looked up at her, breathing deeply. "She had a girl, didn't survive." She told her, still feeling the blood on her hands.

"Neither did T-dog." Maggie added, somber looks om everyone's faces.

Andrea looked to Carl in pity, her eyebrows furrowing as she realized how different he was. "Carl I..." She trailed off, looking to Rick. "Rick-"

"You all live here?" Andrea asked them.

"Yeah, and the cell block." Glenn told her.

"In there? Can I go in?" She didn't even hear an answer once she walked towards it, Rick stopping her.

"I won't allow that."

"Rick, I'm not the enemy." Andrea told him, scoffing.

"Your boyfriend shooting up our home tells us otherwise." Allison snapped, putting her feet up on the table.

Andrea looked to her in disbelief. "He said you guys fired first."

"Well, he lied."

Allison scoffed and looked away, playing with one of her knives in her hands.

Andrea kept trying to defend him, yelling at everyone as she asked why she is the odd man out since she left Atlanta. "I am here, trying to bring us back together."

Allison laughed, everyone turning to her. "Too late for that. He's already on my list."

Andrea squinted her eyes at her, trying to see what was so different about this woman. What has she been through? "We can settle this. There is room at Woodbury for all of you."

"After he shot us up and shot me? No way." Allison scoffed, now remembering that her stitches were still opened up from when she fell earlier.

Rick gave Allison a look and then looked to Andrea. "We're gonna kill him." Rick told her. "Why'd you even come here?"

"Because he is gearing up for war. His people are terrified. They see you as killers. They're training to attack."

"Tell you what..." Daryl trailed off, looking to Andrea. "Next time you see Phillip, tell him I'm gonna take his other eye."

"We've been through too much shit, Andrea. If he wants a war, then tell him he's got one." Glenn told her, his hands tensing up.

"You guys aren't hearing me." Andrea said, sighing in stress. "He has a whole town. You guys have lost so much already. You can't stand alone anymore."

"You want to make this right, get us inside."

"No."

"Then we got nothing to talk about." Rick growled, walking away from her.

"There are innocent people." Andrea yelled at him.

"Fucker should've thought about that before he went shooting his big guns in his big truck." Allison gave her a bitter smile, tossing her knife from hand to hand.

Andrea swallowed nervously and sighed, not knowing what she would do. Allison stared back, humming quietly as she walked passed her and to her cell.