C.9

"so you're not going to introduce us to her?" jaemin wriggled his eyebrows at haechan.

he and the other nct dream members were sitting at a table far away from the crowd. no one really dared to go near them. haechan glanced at the familiar purple haired girl that was busy talking and eating with her friends.

"if i'm not mistaken she's quite popular here" chenle said his mouth still munching on the food. "really?" jeno's eyes widened and he looked kind of interested.

chenle shrugged his shoulders. "she looks like a friendly girl though" renjun stated and smiled. it was quite amusing seeing someone like her able to laugh freely.

"whatever.. i don't really know her" haechan muttered stabbing his food.

"don't know her? yeah that's a lie" jisung appeared out of nowhere and sat beside jaemin and chenle.

"why do you guys cared anyways- jeno how's nct dream doing right now?" haechan quickly changed the subject his dark eyes stared the guy sitting in front of him.

jeno sighed mentally rolling his eyes. "good" he replied simply.

"aw come on haechan! you can't just avoid the topic? i'll call her-"

"don't! jaemin are you crazy?"

"probably- what.. most of the students saw what happened the other day. her trying to stop you from becoming a freaking demon" jaemin said crossing both of his arms over his chest.

"yeah.. that was quite brave of her" jeno said nodding his head.

haechan glared him clicking his tongue. "whatever.. just don't do anything stupid"

jaemin smiled when he saw her looking at their way. he raised his right arm waving at her. she innocently waved back.

"okay i have to admit she's cute" jaemin mumbled and a soft chuckle escaped his lips. haechan rubbed his temples sighing harshly.

"hey yoonhwa, i think jaemin's waving at you" her friend, yuju tapped her shoulder gaining her attention.

yoonhwa lifted her left brow. "who?" she turned to look where yuju pointed and saw a pink haired guy waving his hands with a smile on his lips.

he must be in nct since he's with haechan. she thought before waving back.

"come on! don't you see he's with haechan?" yuju pulled her arm as they went out of the cafeteria. "yeah?"

"i know that you almost killed yourself the other day-"

"wait.. killed myself? when?"

"that time when you tried to stop his fight! don't you remember?" yoonhwa nodded her head slowly still not understanding what her friend was trying to tell her.

"he didn't kill me, yuju"

"well the point is.. he's ruthless and dangerous. stay away from him if you can. you might get hurt" she rolled her eyes before flicking her friend's forehead.

"yah! what was that for?" yoonhwa shrugged before she started walking away fast- leaving yuju there.

turning around the corner her face hit against a very hard wall. she was falling backwards before an arm snaked around her waist.

"are you blind? use your eyes properly!" her eyes widened and she pushed herself away from the guy.

"haechan"

"next time, watch where you're going. i don't want to be killed in my sleep by your brother if you're hurt" he muttered while he put his hands inside his pocket.

"also yoonhwa.. don't just wave back at someone you don't know. even if the person looked friendly" he said monotone before he left her.

▽▽▽

"jung yoonhwa, could you send this to my table? i'm quite busy right now" the english teacher of their class said while handing her a stack of books. she nodded her head smiling before she took the books in her arms.

"hey- uh.. yoonhwa, i could help if you wanted to.." a guy stood in front of her. he scratched the back of his neck feeling quite awkward. his ear turned a little but red.

"no it's okay, jungkook. i can do it myself"

"oh.. right. okay. good bye" he smiled before giving her some way. haechan who heard their little conversation scoffed as he rolled his eyes.

students already went back to their homes. the hallways seemed quieter than usual. humming to herself she quickened her pace to the teacher's office.

she felt like someone was following her. her neck hair standing. she hugged the books closer to her body.

"boo"

someone suddenly held both of her shoulders. a small scream left her lips and she squeezed her eyes shut.

"aw even your scream sounded cute" opening her eyes she saw a pink haired guy crouched down in front of her smiling. "hey there"

"you're..?"

"jaemin" he took most of the books from her arms holding it for her. "what are you doing?"

"i'm helping you. haechan seems to know you so i'm trying to piss him off" he chuckled as both of them went inside the teacher's office placing the books down.

"hey what's your name?" jaemin still had that warm smile on his lips.

"jaemin what the hell are you doing?" both of them turned around upon hearing that voice. haechan had both of his arms crossed over his chest his face had that visible frown.

"i'm helping her"

his tongue ran against his teeth as his eyes turned slightly darker. he glanced towards her before walking away.

"uh- i need to go, jaemin. thanks for helping though" she bowed her head and smiled.

"yeah sure thing. wait.. what was her name again?" he slapped his own forehead.

 what was her name again?" he slapped his own forehead