XXXV

•••

Jeonghan stirs awake, the light from outside blinding him momentarily, rubbing his eyes and lets out a yawn. He looks around to see him alone in the room, glancing outside the window to see the sun already up from the horizon. He stands and stretches for a bit when someone knocks on the door.

"Good morning, Prince Jeonghan."

Jeonghan smiles, albeit awkwardly. His attendant doesn't seem to notice as he walks in and places a towel and bathing robe at his bed. The omega can't help but feel guilty, he was avoiding his attendant since their talk. He couldn't blame him though, it was all on him. He was getting delusional with all the dreams that kept haunting him.

Jeonghan sighs, a hand on his temple, he was getting a headache. "Thank you, Taeyong-ah." The attendant nods, looking at him with concern before walking out of the room.

He picks up his robe and trudges to the bathing room. The omega walks in and sees his younger siblings already there. Seungkwan and Jisoo splashing around like children, Jihoon scowling in the corner with a sulky Minghao besides him and Wonwoo, for once has his book closed, staring at the ceiling with lifeless eyes. He lowers himself on the bath, soaking his body with hot water.

Jeonghan opens his eyes to see his brothers staring at him, he beckons them closer with open arms, all lunging to get near him. Surprisingly, it was Wonwoo who got to him first, clinging to him like a baby, hiding his face on the crook of his neck. The older threads his hands on his wet locks, "Woo? Are you alright?"

"No."

"Care to tell me why?"

Wonwoo detaches his embrace from the older, rubbing a hand over his face, "I had a fight with Prince Mingyu?" He says, albeit tone also wondering, as Jeonghan stares at him incredulously.

"Why are you asking me?"

Wonwoo whines, hiding his face behind his hands, "Well, He said something, but I walked out, we didn't talk after. So I guess we fought?"

"Wow." Jihoon mutter flatly besides him, "Not yet married but here you are, already had your first fight."

Jeonghan could feel his headache worsening, "How about you go apologize to him?"

The younger shrugs at that, sinking down the water, only his eyes showing. Jeonghan casts a look at Jihoon, "What about you, Hoon? Fought with your betrothed?"

"Hamster looking headass left." Jihoon huffs, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Okay?"

Minghao steps closer to Jeonghan, leaning his head down the elder's shoulder, "Don't mind him, hyung."

"How come Jisoo and Seungkwan are in a good mood?" Jeonghan points at two who were huddling close.

"Probably skipped to the sunset with theirs." Minghao responds, rolling his eyes at their high pitch giggles.

Jeonghan pays it no mind and sets his eyes again on Wonwoo, "Woo? I can tell something is troubling you."

Wonwoo glances at him then back at the ceiling, pondering if he should share what his worries or not, but he knows the older would bother him until he tells him. Inhaling deeply, he floats closer to them, "Hyung, don't you ever why we were born without magic?"

•••

Jeonghan sits in front of the dresser, gazing at his reflection. His thoughts drifting to what Wonwoo has said. He was stunned silent, he couldn't answer. He doesn't have an answer. Jeonghan never thought about it until now, why were they born without magic. Were they cursed? Were they destined to be powerless in a world where magic is supreme, why only them? If only they did, they wouldn't have to be forced to marry, they could have the freedom, to enjoy life outside, be independent and stand on their own. Yet, they were treated like they were fragile glass, would break and hurt — that he was an omega, the future heir, unable to protect himself from the dangers that await — Jeonghan hated it, he never understood his Mother's reasons.

'Mother?'

Jeonghan can feel his headache worsening, 'What are you not telling us, Mother?'

His mother and father are hiding something, his betrothed and him are in an uncomfortable situation – just him, his nightmares are out of control. Jeonghan wants to run away from all of this and never return. 'If only I could.'

The omega jolts upright when he hears a loud crash outside the door. He's about to ignore it when another crash, something heavy falling on the floor happens and remembers his personal guard left to attend other duties. He grabs Jihoon's guitar from under his bed, and tiptoes towards the door, placing his ear on it and listens for movements outside.

Nothing happens.

Jeonghan breaths in relief and puts the guitar down.

Knock knock

"Shit!" The knocking becomes louder, more insistent, as if large fists were banging against the wooden door. He scrambles to pick the guitar up, holding it as a weapon, reaching for the knob slowly.

'Be brave, Han.'

Closing his eyes, he twists the knob open, raising the guitar to whack the whoever it was.

"AAAAAAAHHHHH!" He yells, swinging the instrument in his hand aimlessly.

"WHAT THE FU- WAIT! OUCH!" It yells back at him, the guitar luckily was caught by the hands of whoever it was. Jihoon would kill him if anything happens to his precious.

Opening his eyes, he was greeted with the sight of his betrothed, crouching down as he caught the guitar by with both hands, slightly grazing his head.

"OH MY! Prince Seungcheol! What the hell?!" Jeonghan drops the guitar and clutches his where his heart is, thundering against his chest.

Seungcheol hisses, remains crouching as he holds a hand over his head, pressing where he was hit. "Why were you yelling? Sheesh, I'm not some creep, you don't have to hit me."

Jeonghan hovers above him, worried for a moment before recalling why, "You were banging on my door! It scared me, I thought it was some maniac!" He defends, glaring at the alpha. Seungcheol stands up from his place, baffled, "I haven't even knocked on your door when you started swinging at me like a psycho."

"W-what?" Jeonghan stutters out, peeking out of the hall. It was the same at it was. The portraits on the wall were on their place, the vase on his left was there, peeking on the right, the hallway was deserted, only him and the alpha. Was he hearing things? He was sure there was someone.

"Prince Jeonghan? Is there a problem?" Seungcheol waves at him, snapping him out of his musing.

"N-no." He licks his lips nervously. "Why are you here?"

"Oh, I was tasked by the queen to call you down for breakfast since you were taking so long." Seungcheol says.

Jeonghan nods, telling him to wait, as he steps inside to place the guitar back. He walks to the dresser to fix his hair when something caught his eye.

A folded piece of paper laying on top, there was no seal placed outside to know who it came from, only his name written on the front. He picks it up and unfolds it, eyes scanning its content.

Jeonghan could feel his hands shaking, body going rigid as reads it over and over again.

'Say thy farewell to your  ..., our dear Prince.'