XLVI

•••

"Jeonghan."

Jisoo taps his face consistently, combing his hair gently to the side as the older groans, turning sideways, swatting his hand.

"Han, wake up."

The older omega whines, blinking the sleepiness away, letting his half-lidded eyes roam around the room. The walls were blue and white, abstract paintings were hanged on the wall. The bed seems smaller than what he's used to.

He closes his eyes again, the gentle caress on his head making him go back to dreamland.

"Wait a second.' Jeonghan pushes himself up the bed, eyes drastically looking around, the sudden movement making his head spin.

The last thing he remembers before losing consciousness was he was with Prince Seungcheol, in the bathing room. The alpha was so near him, smirking like a devil would, enticing him when be shouldn't be affected by his mere presence.

'Did we–?'

"Hannie?"

He snaps his head sideways, to the source of the sound, and sighs in relief when he saw his younger brother and his attendant, staring at him with curios eyes.

"Jisoo? Taeyong? Where am I?" He asks, the unfamiliar room making uncomfortable.

"You're in my room, Prince." Taeyong says, sitting besides him. "Don't you remember what happened?"

Jeonghan pressed his lips, his throat parched for some reasons. "N-no."

His attendant gives him a side eye, catching the lie but he lets it slide. "Prince Seungcheol came barging into the hallway asking for help, and lucky for you, I spotted him and came to the rescue."

Jisoo looks back and forth between them, invisible question marks floating above his head. "What happened, Taeyong-ah?"

Taeyong has a teasing grin on his face, "Apparently, our dear Prince fainted in the bathing room with his betrothed. I wonder why."

"WHAT?!" Jisoo screams, mouth agape as he stares at his brother.

"Uh-huh. Prince Seungcheol didn't know what to do, since Prince Jeonghan fainted and was naked. He was totally flustered."

Jeonghan turns red from the teasing he gets, pushing his attendant's hand away that's poking his forearm. They didn't notice Jisoo brooding on the side, a sharp look on his eyes.

"Han, do you know how serious this is?" Jisoo whispers, glaring at the older. "How reckless can you get? That you would go canoodling with the Prince last night? Can you imagine the scandalous rumors that would go around between you two?"

"Jisoo–"

The younger cuts him off, hissing under his breath, "What were you thinking, Jeonghan? If it wasn't Taeyong who found you, people would have been whispering behind your back right now."

Jeonghan feels himself tremble, he never seen him get mad, not even when he was overbearing and have to deal with the five of them on a daily basis. Jisoo is the epitome of calm, but now he's the subject of his agitation. His younger brother's words sinking in. Jisoo was right. People would have talked ill about them if they knew he broke the rules, that no alpha and omega shall meet in private, like what they did. All of places he could meet the prince, it has to be the bathing room. At night. Both naked. He should have left when the Prince came but his mind stopped working at some point and his legs wouldn't cooperate either. How lucky can Jeonghan get.