LXXII

me: types it all in one go

me: i should reread and delete the errors

also me: nah

enjoy! ^^

"Has anyone seen Chan?"

Dokyeom looks disheveled and out of breath as he reaches them, all huddled out in the throne room, trying to find his younger brother. He didn't know if he went out of the castle or back to his room, he has searched the lower grounds and asked the guards but no one has seen him. Jisoo places a hand on his bethroted's shoulder, face showing concern.

"Maybe he just needed some time for himself?"

The younger nods at the implication, he may not be in the same shoes as his brother but he understands what he's been going through, he and Prince Jisoo tried cheering him up in many ways as the wedding loomed closer, maybe the joyful glint in his eyes was merely a facade that he hasn't seen. Dokyeom feels like he has failed his brother, not being there for him when he probably needs him more, he has promised their mother that he will protect him from all harm yet he can't shield him from one inevitable thing: heartbreak.

"The royal carriage has arrived." The royal guard announces, opening the double doors of the castle where the an elegant carriage awaits the newly weds. The Emerald King has left already, saying about how he has preparations to do for welcoming them in his Kingdom, the people have shared their excitement and want to celebrate the crowned Prince's wedding and his mate.

Jeonghan tries not to weep as their youngest all gives them one more embrace before they parts ways and be a royal in the Emerald Kingdom.

Seungkwan envelopes Jihoon into the tightest hug, his brother allowing it before pouting to the side. The latter may not be fond of physical affection but seeing how it might be a long time before he has another chance of this, he lets him be. "Don't forget to send us letters, Kwannie. Hyung will miss you."

Minghao puts his arms around the younger omega, giving his shoulder a gentle squeeze. "Be safe on the way, Seungkwan-ah."

The omega nods at his hyung before turning to Wonwoo, who has his arms wide open towards him. Seungkwan delighted runs into his hyung, almost knocking him down because of the force. Prince Mingyu rushes to put a hand behind his betrothed's back, steadying him. "Have fun, Kwannie. Be good to the Kingdom, yes?"

"I will, hyung. Thank you."

Before Wonwoo could let go, Jisoo flutters his way to them, encasing them both in his embrace. The former groans, trying to wiggle free but the older omega glares at him playfully and lets go when he gets an annoyed glare in return. The second eldest reaches out to move some of his hair away from his forehead. "Take care of yourself, okay? Your hyungs won't be there to coddle you anymore--"

Seungkwan whines at him making him laugh. "I was just teasing you, Kwannie. But I mean it. Take care, for us?"

"Yes, hyung."

He turns away from them and gazes at their eldest, eyes misty from unshed tears. Seungkwan makes his way over, taking Jeonghan's hand in his. "Thank you for everything, hyung. I will take care of myself, I'll try to be responsible now, since I'm going to share the Kingdom with Hansol. You have nothing to worry about, I'll be fine. You've raised me well."