Sweet Revenge

Thomas Shelby had called in his brothers in to the betting den as soon as light had pushed through the dirty windows. Waiting around was a waste of time and he wanted everyone to be on his time. As Arthur walked into his office, cap in hand he noticed the look of a broken man and offered him a cigarette. Arthur had beaten a poor young lad to death in a back alley boxing ring, in a fit of pure rage that Thomas knew was a ticking time bomb. The older sibling as just like their father and sometimes Thomas wished he had taken more after their mother.

"Alright Arthur?" Thomas asked 

"Yeah Tom not bad" but they both knew that was a lie.

Not one to discuss his feelings Thomas cleared his throat and tossed over a file to his brother "I need you to take care of this today"

Arthur eye'd his brother suspiciously, he had been placed on the back burner recently and this was an open invitation for Arthur to get back out there.

"What is it?" he mumbled

"I need you and John to take care of what's in the file. A simple warning Arthur" and Thomas thought back to Amelia's exact words and was certain that Arthur and John could take care of this.

Arthur opened up the file and and his eye's instantly went wide "What he fucks he done now Tom? has he stole from us?" 

Thomas shook his head and stood up "No brother, he's been beating his wife" And Thomas counted to three in his head.

"I don't understand mate-"

"It's a paid hit Arthur. We're being asked for our services on this one so lets get it done eh?"

Arthur knew his brothers patience was wearing thin so he chose to ignore his demands.

"Whose payin?" and Arthur stood up, pushing his cap down and dusting off his jacket.

"Miss Crostwell"

Arthur stood back like someone had pushed him and began to laugh, really laugh. Thomas rolled his eyes and grabbed his brother by the forearms.

"Mate just get it done alright?"

"Yeah yeah calm fookin down will ya? When have you known me not to get it done Tommy...." and he started to laugh again "I'll get our John boy and get it sorted" and he shrugged off his brother.

Thomas turned back to his desk and began to rifle through some of his paperwork.

"How much she pay?" Arthur asked

"A hundred notes"

Arthur let out a low whistle and respected the money "Money to burn"

"That's right brother, that's right"

---

Ada was the first to see Amelia the following morning with a look on her face, a look that said she meant business. Amelia knew the apple didn't fall to far from the tree when it came to the Shelby temper. Amelia passed her a cup of tea and waited for Ada to spit it out.

"You put a hit out with my brother!?" she seethed.

Amelia cringed instantly and instantly regretted opening the door to Ada "Ada.."

"I mean I knew you had some balls but a hit!? A bloody hit!?" and Ada started to pace in the kitchen, her brown hair bouncing across her shoulders.

Amelia shrugged and sipped her tea "Look Ada if you saw that poor woman's face you would not be here, standing in my kitchen like a mad woman right now"

"Oh I'm not mad Amelia, fuck I'm elated that the piece of shit is going to get it" 

"Well" she paused "What's wrong?"