We Got Work To Do

*(y/n)'s POV*

Ellen and Bobby were sitting at a table as he pours her a shot of liquid from a flask and pushes it towards her. "Bobby, is this really necessary?" She asked him, annoyed. "Just a belt of Holy Water. Shouldn't hurt." Bobby said. 

She lifts the shot glass to her mouth and swallows the water, no reaction. "Whiskey now, if you don't mind." She said and Bobby nods. "Ellen, what happened? How'd you get out?" Dean asked her. "I wasn't supposed to. I was supposed to be in there with everybody else." Ellen said then she scoffs. "But we ran out of pretzels, of all things. It was just dumb luck." She said as Bobby brings her the whiskey. She drinks it and exhales sharply.

"Anyway, that's when Ash called. Panic in his voice." She said then she sighs. "He told me to look in the safe. Then the call cut out. By the time I got back, the flames were sky-high. And everybody was dead. I couldn't have been gone more than fifteen minutes." Ellen said.

"Sorry, Ellen." Sam and I said to her, sadly, and she begins to tear up. "A lot of good people died in there. And I got to live. Lucky me." She scoffs, sadly.

"Ellen, you mentioned a safe." Bobby said and she nods. "A hidden safe we keep in the basement." She replied. "Demons get what was in it?" Bobby asked. "No." She said and she pulls out a map from her pocket, unfolding it and setting it down on the table. It had several black lines and X's on it.

"Wyoming. What does that mean?" Dean asked as he points to the lines.

Later, Bobby was reading from a large book and comes back into the room. "I don't believe it." He said as he sets the book on a table. "What? You got something?" Sam asked. "A lot more than that. Each of these X's..." He said as he points to the marks on the map. "...Is an abandoned frontier church— all mid-19th century. And all of them built by Samuel Colt." Bobby said.

"Samuel Colt— the demon-killing, gunmaking Samuel Colt?" I asked, shocked. "Yep. And there's more. He built private railway lines..." Bobby explains as hee points to the black lines on the map. "...connecting church to church. It just happens to lay out like this." He said as he connects the points on the map until the shape of a star is made.

"Tell me that's not what I think it is." Dean said. "It's a Devil's Trap. A 100-square mile Devil's Trap." Sam said. "That's brilliant. Iron lines demons can't cross." I said. "I've never heard of anything that massive." Ellen said, shocked. "No one has." Bobby said.

"And after all these years none of the lines are broken? I mean, it still works?" Dean asked. "Definitely." Sam said. "How do you know?" Dean asked. "All those omens Bobby found. I mean the demons, they must be circling and they can't get in." Sam said. "Yeah, well...they're trying." Bobby points out.

"Why? What's inside?" Ellen asked. "That's what I've been looking for. And, uh, there's nothing except an old cowboy cemetery right in the middle." Dean said after he looks over the map. "Well what's so important about a cemetery or...what's Colt trying to protect?" Sam asked.

"Well, unless..." I muttered as I think. "Unless what?" Bobby asked me. "What if Colt wasn't trying to keep the demons out? What if he was trying to keep something in?" I asked. "Now that's a comforting thought." Ellen mutters. "Yeah, you think?" Dean mutters.

"Could they do it, Bobby? Could they get inside?" Sam asked him. "This thing's so powerful, you'd practically need an A-bomb to destroy it. No way a full-blood demon gets across." Bobby said and I raise my head. "No. But Sam and I know who could." I said and the others look up at me.

That night, we go up towards the cemetery and see Jake walking towards a crypt. Dean stands behind a large tomb, a gun in hand. "Howdy, Jake." Sam greets as he, Bobby, Ellen and I appear, surrounding him. Jake looks at Sam then at me, a look of shock on his face.