Chapter- 7

Chapter-7

-Thump!Thump! Thump!

Diana Thomas's POV

My heart is beating faster than ever. I feel like a scapegoat. I walk to the receptionist on his floor. She looks up from the computer. I have only met her once before when I came to meet Mr. Vincento.

"Good morning, Ms. Thomas. Mr. Vincento is expecting you." Aria says with a kind smile.

"Good morning, Aria." I say walking past her with a smile in return and reach his door before knocking it.

"Come in." I hear his commanding voice. I start feeling nervous again. I still don't know if I want this job change or not. I am happy with my current work. Should I tell him that I don't want to leave my current position? O course I should! According to company rules, they can't change my designation unless I agree. Good! Now go in. Tell him that you don't want this! Get out!

Pushing open the door, I walk him gathering some confidence and courage. He is so engrossed in his work, looking at the file in front of him while signing it. Stay strong! "Good morning, Mr. Vincento." I greet as I walk up to him. He suddenly stops what he is doing before looking up. The memory of me calling him gay and him listening to it when we were in the lift comes to my mind. I just want to bang my head against the door I just opened. I can fight this! That was not the first time I embarrassed myself in front of him. Hope I don't do anything today.

"Ms. Thomas. Please have a seat."

I nod and sit in one of the two chairs placed neatly in front of him.

"How are you?" He asks and I look at him. Am i supposed to tell him what happened this weekend? I don't think he would be least bit interested in it. Concentrate Diana! This is workplace!

"I am good."

He doesn't say anything about it. "I expect your HR head has already told you about the change in your designation."

"Yes, he did and I was told that I am supposed to start today."

"Yes. But you look like you have something to say." He puts the file aside as he says that. Now I am nervous. He is looking at me with those curious eyes. God! Come on!

"Um..."

"Ms. Thomas, you can say what's on your mind. No need to hesitate." He encourages. I take a deep breath.

"I am doing well in my current position and I don't have any to change from it."

"Sure, you are doing well and that's why you have been selected for this particular job. But I don't understand why you don't want to change."

"I don't know... I don't think I can manage this particular job well." I am not supposed to take too much stress and this job has stress written all over it. He gives me a look of understanding. I don't want to bite more than I can chew.

"Well, as a person working in HR department you are well aware of the job responsibilities." He says and I nod my head. "Then you are also aware that there will be a three month training before you are given the full authorities with respect to it."

"Yes, I am."

"Then, I suggest you go through the training and then decide whether you want to continue in it or not. Although, I suggest you take it as you might learn a lot through this."

He is right. I might learn new things and expand my knowledge, but why me?

"I have one last question."