William

Chapter nine: William (Madison's POV)

I woke up the next morning a lot more tired since I slept basically at dawn and groaned into my pillow. I dragged myself to my bathroom, freshening up before going downstairs to make myself a cold coffee to wake me up. It's the only kind of coffee my body can take everything else is just not for me. 

It makes me way too hyper and gives me a stomach ache. I made myself the coffee and turned around to sit on the couch. No one was waking up today. It's eleven and no one's up. I sat there and scrolled through my phone while drinking my coffee and once I was done, I washed the cup and put it back inside. I walked up the staircase and before I could turn right to my room, Jacob's door swung open, startling me. 

Nick's room is at the left end of the hall, mine's at the right and Jacob's is dead center, right in front of the stairs. 

"Hi," I looked at him in shock. He was shirtless. 

God, I cannot do this again, it was hard enough the last time. 

I slipped into my room before he could say anything. I don't know why I kissed him last night. He was there for me, he helped me, brought me back home and he was really sweet. I started doubting if liking him would be such a bad thing and then I started contemplating whether I should let it happen or not and then I realized how mad Julia would be. And that realization happened after I kissed his cheek. 

It's no big deal, just a kiss on the cheek. No big deal, Mads. 

I went into my closet and looked at what to wear. I felt like wearing a dress so I picked out a floral print on and took it with me in the bathroom so I could shower before getting ready. I showered, not washing my hair because I did yesterday and then brushed my hair before throwing it up in a bun and stepping out. 

I put on my converse and then went downstairs to get a snack. I opened the pantry and scanned for some good food and found one last packet of Hot Cheetos. I took it and closed the pantry, freezing when Jacob popped up out of nowhere. "You need to stop doing that," I let out a breath I didn't realize I was holding. 

"You look good," he nodded at me before opening the pantry, scanning it and grabbing a packet of Hot Cheetos for himself. 

There was more? 

"If you were a tad bit taller you would've seen the six other packets up there," he teased while turning to me. 

I rolled my eyes and opened my packet, eating while sitting on the couch. I was trying to think of something to do today. The others were still asleep and I don't see them waking up any time soon. I stood up and headed for the garage. 

"Where are you going?" he asked, following me. 

"Biking around town," I replied while handing him my packet, and pulling my bike out from the back without scratching any car. 

"I wanna come!" he pouted. 

"Take Nick's," I shrugged. 

He put the packets in the basket of my bike and we left without our phones, without telling anyone that we were going out. I hope no one gets mad. "We should've told them we were heading out," I said while taking my hand off the handle and eating a Cheeto. 

"They'll live," he rolled his eyes. We turned the corner of our street, getting off the seventeenth avenue, riding around town. We were passing a preschool school park, slowing down as a group of kids ran past us. "Can I ask you a question?" he asked. 

"Mm-hmm," I nodded while a little boy stopped running and stared at us. 

"Why did you kiss me last night?" he asked.