Chapter 7: Decisions

"My new handmaid, Y/N." She answered calmly while his alluring eyes were almost staring into my soul.
I couldn't move or breathe, all I could feel was my swollen heart that would increase it's beating the longer he would stare at me like that.

"Jugyeong" His deep voice echoed once again through the hall, making goosebumps rise upon my whole body while his eyes shifted from mine to the tensed Jugyeong next to me.

I breathed out, realizing that I held my breath the whole time his eyes were on me. I quickly lowered my head and stared in embarrassment at my shaking fingers.

"You have to get married" He said suddenly, making me lift my head immediately and meet his dark alluring eyes for the second time, my heart skipped a beat.

"Oraboni but why?" I could hear the begging tone out of her voice but his face remained expressionless, I gulped.

"I have already chosen the one for you. They will arrive in three days. Make yourself ready Jugyeong"

After this she nodded and we both both at him but when I looked up I couldn't help but look into his eyes again. Maybe I would never see this man again but I would for sure never forget how his eyes made me feel without knowing anything about him. He slowly turned around to face the canvas again and when the Princess turned her head to see where I was I immediately followed her steps but all I could think of were his eyes.

~

I spent the whole afternoon with the Princess inside her chamber but I couldn't stop myself from noticing the sadness in her eyes while she was getting ready.

I couldn't hold it back anymore so I decided to ask her
"Your highness, excuse me for asking but why is the king forcing you to get married?" I gulped while sitting on the ground next to her seat.

She raised an eyebrow because of my sudden question "Since when are we on that familiarity where I have to tell you something like that?" she answered me coldly and I nodded.

What was I even thinking? My bad I forgot the royal protocol while trying to be nice but from what I'm seeing they all are the same. Cold hearted privileged people.

"I shouldn't have expected anything other than that from you, after all you are a weird farmer girl. You should know that if you want to survive in our castle you have to obey the King even if you don't want to.
I have to agree with his decision because he is the only one who knows what would benefit our King even if this has to be me getting married" She added and my eyes widened. This is so messed up.

I shook my head, why should she sell her life, her soul, her body to someone she hasn't even met just to benefit the relations of the Kingdom?

"But how-" I started desperately but she cut my words immediately while raising her index.

"Y/N I don't want to repeat myself. Now if you are done with your investigation, prepare a bath for me." With this she stood up and left me speechless on the spot.

I started preparing her bath and called her as soon as I finished preparing it, following the ruled the other maids have taught me.

"You can leave now. I will call you if I need something" She said while tiredly slipping out of her dress.

"As you wish your highness" I shut the door and walked into her peaceful chamber which was lit by the golden color of the setting sun.

I breathed out when I found myself finally alone in her room. I started massaging my neck, I was at the verge of a breakdown but instead of sitting around and pitying myself I decided to start searching for the little door in every corner of her room.

"What are you searching for miss Y/N?"

I held in my steps when the deep voice I would immediately recognize over and over again echoed through my skull and made me froze on the spot.