Forty-Five {The Comeback}

"Chandlers steals the puck, fakes a left! Ten seconds left can he do it! And goal by number 10 Matthew Chandlers! What a comeback! And the game is over with the tiebreaker from Chandlers five to four. My God Stan I can't believe that we just witnessed. History in the making. Matthew Chandlers. First, out gay NHL player gets hit by a car a year ago and his first game back scores not one. Not two. But three goals and wins the game. If that man doesn't get a pay raise I'm going to quit Stan. Just quit. No hope."

"You said it right John. Chandlers made the comeback of the century. Even with the controversy of his return after that press conference two months. But the love for Chandlers is loud here tonight folks. We have rainbow flags being waved from one end of the arena to the other."

"Stan I can't imagine how number ten feels like right now at this moment. I can't even hear myself think with the sound of the crowd here tonight."

"The teams are getting ready to head to the locker room, lets head down to junior reporter Molly Blane, sister of the one and only Jorden Balne, who is on-site outside the locker rooms. Molly, what does it feel like down there right now?"

"Thank you, Stan, Yes this is junior reporter Molly B and I'm here with none other than Matthew Chandlers himself. Matty, I can tell by the smile on your face that you feel the energy for you here tonight. I don't think we've ever seen a comeback like this one before. Do you have any words for any of your fans who are watching this tonight."

"I honestly don't know if I can find the words for how I'm feeling right now Mol. The love. The support. It's honestly not something I was expecting. I can't thank everyone enough for this. It definitely made the come back worth it. Getting back on the ice tonight and seeing the jerseys, the flags. I didn't score those goals on my own. The fans were definitely in every hit of the stick tonight."

"I'm sure they were. I'll let you get changed. Great job tonight."

Cloud nine had nothing on how I was feeling

Cloud nine had nothing on how I was feeling. That game. Those goals. The smile on my face was one that I couldn't help.

I didn't plan on coming out, but a pap had caught a picture of Henry and I holding hands one night at dinner in a private restaurant, and I felt it was time. After being with them for a year, I wasn't nervous or scared to come out to the world. My team knew. My team knew more than anyone. And we can thank the barbeque Jorden held last summer for that.

And just like tonight, we were met with love and support. Some guys on the team were a little confused with the idea of the three of us. But there was no judgement, and it was our lives so they didn't care, as long as I could get back on the ice. And that we promised if we broke up things wouldn't get awkward.

I'm not blind to the fact that there are hate groups, protests, and just close-minded people out there that were booing at my goals, but the cheers outweighed them. And that's all I could ask for. I didn't need to read every hate comment, because one 'you changed my life'  letter was worth a thousand "kill yourself' that was posted online. 

"I'm so proud of you," Henry said when I dipped into the tinted car, I couldn't help but smile as our lips met, but the kiss was ended when I was pushed from behind, I laughed as Jorden squeezed in.

"Yea Matty." Jorden said leaning over in his seat to put his seatbelt on and close the door. "We're proud of you."

"Yea," I said, resting my head on his shoulder, all the adrenalin from tonight finally slowing down as my eyes started to close. "I'm proud of me too."

FIN