Chapter 6: For the record

After the Eijiro incident, Kuroo had become more touchy with Taiji, casually swinging his arms over her shoulder whenever she stood beside him. Taiji would hold on to his arm whenever they walked to the train station.

Unknown to the two, their familiarity had caused a few rumors to buzz around.

Some said that the two captains started dating for popularity, while others defended that they were just friends, but the rumors somehow never made its way to them.

"Hey," Kuroo pulled his arm over the female captain's shoulder, "Check out this selfie from Bokuto-san next to a picture of an owl,"

Taiji leaned towards his phone, "I still have no idea who this Bokuto guy is, but he definitely looks an owl,"

The two had no idea that their teammates were watching them, smirking.

"Kuroo-san, I see you've been getting all close and cuddly with our captain eh?" Yuko teased,

Kuroo felt his ears turn pink at Yuko's words, quickly pulling away from Taiji.

"Don't bully the bedhead," Taiji raised an eyebrow at her vice-captain, "That's my job!"

"Awh th–, wait, hey!" Kuroo blurted out as he realized the girl was also teasing him.

Both of the teams burst out into laughter as the male captain struggled to find a comeback, giving Taiji high fives as Kuroo stuttered

"Whatever, you chopstick," Kuroo spat out,

"Lamp post." Taiji retaliated,

"Asshole,"
"Dumbass,"
"Biology nerd!"
"Chemistry dork!"
"DOUCHEBAGGETTE!"
"TWINKLE-TOES!"
"HOW DARE YOU CALL ME THAT YOU VILE WOMAN!"
"SHUT UP YOU MEDIOCREMENT!"

The two captains and their teams broke out into even more laughter at the odd nicknames. Even the quiet Kenma was chuckling at the two's antics.

"TAI SENPAI IS THE BEST," Yamamoto yelled loudly,

"But of course," Taiji dramatically placed an arm on her forehead, "How have you not seen my charms?

Taiji leaned onto Kuroo's shoulders, "Woe is me, for my talents go unnoticed,"

Kuroo glanced down to the shorter girl. His heart warmed as he watched the girl laugh.

Everyone on the team could see, He was absolutely whipped for the female captain.

Taiji noticed the male captain staring at her and took the chance to tease him again

"Why are you staring at me like that, Kuroo Tetsurou?" She grinned,

Kuroo's eyes widened as he realized he was staring for too long, he pushed Taiji away from himself, reluctantly of course.

"I wasn't staring at your pretty face, my fellow captain," Kuroo teased as he flicked her forehead, "You don't need to worry,"

Taiji rubbed her forehead and laughed, "Whatever you say, just make sure you don't fall for me!"

The female captain bowed to Kuroo sarcastically, and the rest of their teams followed her teasing.

Kuroo laughed as his classmates gave him odd looks, This team members had followed the female captain's example and bowed, some even got on their knees.

Fukunaga was the first to get up. He patted the female captain's shoulder, saying that he would be heading back to his class. The older girl gave him a fistbump and the second year went on his way. The rest of the boys followed soon after him, ignoring their captain. Soon there were only the third years left.