Chapter 13

The next morning, I woke up wrapped in Jack's arms. I sat up, waking him as well. 

"Oh, I'm sorry. I guess we fell asleep," Jack noted. 

"Yeah. It's all good."

Jack stood up and I helped him clean up the room, my mind kind of in a fog. 

"Your job starts tomorrow, right?" he asked randomly. 

"Yeah. I need to get a lot of stuff ready today."

"Cool, well I'll kinda leave you be so you can do that." 

I smiled and nodded as we both went to our rooms. 

------Jack's P.O.V.------

It was really weird to have Y/N living with me. I was so used to living alone, but it was nice to have the company. I knew that while she was living here, there was no need for her to be working. But that was the entire reason she moved here and she clearly really enjoyed it, so I was glad she was happy. I noticed she was struggling to settle in though and I wanted to try to do something to make it easier for her. 

----Your P.O.V. a week later---- 

I was glad that it was finally the weekend. I was definitely going to like my job, but all the training I was put through in the first week was exhausting. I unlocked the house door with the key Jack had given me, and set my bag down for a moment while I took off my heels. I sat down on a stool and slumped over, my head and hair draped over my arms as I rested them on the breakfast bar. 

"Long week?" I heard a soft, British voice ask. 

I simply grumbled in response, earning a chuckle in return. 

I felt him get closer to me, so I spun around on the stool and looked up at his eyeless face. I slid myself down off the stool, softly landing on the floor with my bare feet. I lowered a few inches as I did and found myself looking up quite a bit to see him. 

"How tall are you, Jack?" I asked. 

"I'm 6'4," he replied, his voice coming out a little deeper. 

I wasn't sure why, but I felt a little spark as I noticed our height difference. We stared at each other for awhile, not saying anything, before I decided to break the silence. 

"Well, I thought you were shorter when we first met," I declared as I turned away and grabbed my bag, taking it upstairs. I heard his footsteps behind me. 

"Did you now?" 

"Well to be fair I only saw you chasing me and crouched in a vent, so I told the cops you were 5'10."

He started laughing quite a bit, so I turned around and crossed my arms, cocking a hip after I set my stuff down. 

"Sorry, Love, I'm not laughing at you. I've just never been mistaken for being that short."

"That's not short. Caden was 5'11." 

Jack said nothing and I sighed and looked down. He grabbed me and pulled me into a hug, putting his hands in my hair a little bit. I took a deep breath, taking in his scent as I did. I hadn't known him long, but his scent was comforting. 

"So, if you're not too tired, do you wanna party?" he asked me randomly. 

I pulled away a little to look up at him, but kept myself wrapped in his arms. 

"Really?" I asked. 

"Yeah. I party sometimes on the weekend and invite people over. You'd get a chance to meet some other people here."