-vi. a proposal

❛ Sweet baby, you got the sweetest kisses alive ❜

Sweet baby, you got the sweetest
kisses alive

It was officially day two of classes. The trio was sat in the Great Hall munching on eggs, toast, and bacon. The day ahead of them was similar to yesterday however they would actually be learning today and on top of that, students like Riley had to worry about quidditch tryouts later that day.

"Stop stressing, Riley, you'll be fine. You still have seven more hours," Hannah said, trying her best to comfort her friend.

"You know what? I just won't try out, there, problem solved."

"Absolutely not, they need you, Riley. Worst comes to worst, they get rid of Meadows and you and Liam get on the team," Claire insisted.

"It'd just be easier if I don't at all, and you guys know how my anxiety gets before games," Riley pointed out which was quite true. Her anxiety was very hard to deal with especially considering most of the Gryffindor house depended on the team.

"Riley, think about the house cup," Hannah said.

"I'll think about it and like you said, I have seven hours."

The next few minutes went by with them going on and on about how amazing Riley was at quidditch because it was true, she was great. Then, the owls flew in, delivering the students letters and packages from their family and friends outside of Hogwarts. A brown barn owl came over to Claire and landed rather ungracefully in a bowl of hashbrowns. Claire reached over and untied the parchment from its feet, petting it softly on the head with a smile. It left with the other owls and Claire turned to the letter most likely from her grandparents.

Dear Claire,

Hello sweetheart, how are you? How were the first classes? We already miss you, so do the neighbors, they've been asking about you. Gran and I are doing great at the house and can't wait until Christmas when we get to see you. How are Riley and Hannah? Have you made any more friends? A boyfriend? I hope not. Kidding (not kidding). Anyways, I suppose that's enough questions. I love you very much. Write as soon as you can.

- Gramps

Claire smiled at the letter and the coffee stain on the corner of the parchment. That was what let her know that her Grandmother proofread it before sending it off. Gran was always drinking coffee. She neatly stowed the letter away in her bag and made a mental note to write back later.

"Come on, Defense first today," Hannah said, standing up and hoisting her bag over her shoulder. The next few classes went by quickly due to Claire's lack of paying attention. Now, all that was standing in between her and the class she was dreading most was. . . well, nothing.