↠15

Shit. This was bad. How could they attack someone in the day? They wanted to let you know that they were here. This was their statement for your family. They were ready for you.

"Damn." Namjoon whispered and everyone else didn't know what to say either. The group stayed silent for a while until Seokjin got up and changed the channel from the remote. "Let's just be careful, okay?"

Everyone nodded slowly and the oldest turned to you. "That includes you too, Y/N." You just nodded but it wasn't like he was going to find out that you were just as powerful as them. "Good. How about we make dinner?" He turned to the kitchen, instantly changing the topic.

You knew that you needed to get home fast. With a smile, you gathered your things. "I have to go home now so-"

"I'll walk you home." Yoongi got up from his seat, ready to leave.

"I'll be fine." You responded but got a glare from Seokjin.

"Did we not talk like fifteen seconds ago? Jimin, go with Yoongi." He said and the pink hair male nodded and got up to his feet. You let out a sigh and stood up; only to have your phone drop from your bag. Looks like you accidentally left your bag a little bit too open. Good thing the guys had a rug under the couch. You picked it up and the phone screen flashed. Your heart dropped and you felt your throat go dry.

20 Unread Messages

Oh shit. You had your phone on mute during class. You forgot to turn it back on sound. You were so screwed. How could you forget? You absolutely did not want to face Rei. Or worse; an hour long lecture by Michael. Hestianly, you opened your phone and saw that most messages were by Michael, three from Homura, a couple from Aika and one from Rei.

From: Rei

To: Y/N

Answer right now.

It was only sent a couple of minutes ago. You typed so fast that you were at your friend's house and sent it, hoping that none of them were out searching for you. "Let's go home then!" You quickly said and started towards the door.

Jimin and Yoongi curiously gave you a look but followed you to the door. Out the door, down the elevator and out the building. You were on high alert, eyes glancing at the rooftops searching for particular masks. Nothing. Was it paranoia eating at you?

It must be.

You partially joined in the conversation every once in a while with the duo. You let your eyes drift to Jimin who was naturally talking about the upcoming program for his dance and then your eyes glanced back up. A flash caught your attention. Whoever it was ducked behind the ledge of the rooftop.

At once, your throat went dry. No. It couldn't be them. Thoughts ran in your head and that you realized you needed to get home as fast as possible and get Jimin and Yoongi home. You pretended to get a phone call. "Hello?" The duo looked over to see you on your phone. "What? Oh okay, I'll hurry up. Mhm, bye." You pretended to hang up and sent an apologetic smile to them.

"Sorry, I have to hurry home and take over a shift."

"Well it's only like five more blocks?" Yoongi guessed. "We can be quick-"

"It's okay!" You cheerfully said. "Go home you too, okay? See you guys tomorrow!" You smiled at them and turned around to head home. You glanced back to see them still standing there. They need to turn around. You glanced back up at the rooftop to see nothing. Taking a couple of more steps, you turned around and finally they were gone from sight. Quickly, you ducked into an alley and with your amazing skills, you easily climbed up the fire escape.

Reaching the rooftop, you were a bit on edge. There was no one up here. Actually, there was no one in sight. You released a sigh. Maybe it was just your mind playing tricks on you. You then raced across the buildings, your eyes automatically picking out the duo. You could thank Jimin's pink hair. It was apart from everyone else walking.

You made sure they got into their building, all the while you were keeping an eye out for any of Moeru Ki. Once they got inside, you rushed back home. You knew that once you stepped foot inside, you were so getting an earful of complaints. How well did you know them?

You had decided to go in through the second floor window. You were just barely getting your legs in when you heard the two voices that you did not want to hear. "And where were you?" Rei's voice was calm but you could definitely hear an annoyed tone lying underneath. Michael's on the other hand... "You should have texted back!" He definitely sounded angry. His accent was slowly starting to show itself. You slipped inside and were met with two piercing gazes.

"Um, I forgot to turn my phone back to sound..." You answered truthfully.

"And where were you?" Rei repeated his question again. Yep, he most likely knew that you were probably not at the university this whole time.

There was no use in lying. Rei could easily pick up on it. "I was at my friend's house."

Rei had an expression of calmness. He didn't say anything for a bit and that made you nervous. At least with Micahel, you could easily tell that he was angry thanks to his frown and the tips of his ears growing red. With Rei? It was calm before the storm and you did not like it one bit.

"I understand that you want to make new friends from the last incident." Rei began, his expression never changing in the slightest. "Could you at least tell us? I don't care that you want to make friends but just tell us."

Alright. He was way calmer than you expected. And you weren't going to mess up this chance. "I promise. I'm sorry. I thought you wouldn't like the idea of me making new friends..." You confessed.

"You're free to make friends with whoever you want." said Rei. "All we care about is your safety."

You smiled at him, and now Michael was only calming down from his rage. "Thank you."

Rei nodded once. "Now go take over Aiko's shift. You're also cleaning up the restaurant as punishment." He sent you a smile now.

And there was your punishment. You knew it was coming sooner or later.