10

The goddess wakes up to see Kol passed out on the clearly comfortable bed to the right of her own

The goddess wakes up to see Kol passed out on the clearly comfortable bed to the right of her own. He lays on his stomach with one arm tucked securely under the pillow and the other thrown gently over the top of it.

Realizing they should probably get on the road soon, she speaks out loud, "Kol wake up." The boy doesn't budge so she calls out again, "Kol!"

It's faint, but the outer corner of Kol's lips twitch in the slightest, signifying he's awake. Not wanting to engage in any games, she uses her powers to force him off the bed, causing him to hit the carpeted floor with a loud thud. Thankfully they're on the first floor of the hotel, so no one below will worry.

He lets out a dramatic groan and snippily says, "Good morning to you too."

Atë glances at the time on her phone, "We should get going."

"You really had to knock me off the bed like that?"

Kol still lays on the ground, pouting like a young kid would. She looks over at him with pointed eyes, "Yes." He still doesn't move and the glower doesn't leave his face as he rubs a spot on his elbow, so she feigns empathy, "Aww, did you hurt your elbow? I would kiss it to make it feel better but you're acting like a child."

With that, he quickly lands on his feet and readies himself for their departure to Kansas. He goes to walk out the door with Atë following close behind but pauses for a moment, "One thing before we go," she raises his eyebrows at him, "So if I don't act like a child, does that mean I get a kiss?"

The goddess holds his glance for a moment, picking up on some sincere intent behind the playful words. She cooly states, "We aren't going to beat Elena if we don't leave now." Atë brushes past him, making her way to the rental car Kol compelled for free.

She opts for the driver's seat, not trusting Kol to drive and not get distracted with flirtatious tendencies. He gets in the car on the passenger side and as she backs out of the hotel parking lot says, "I'm normally the one who drives."

The brunette slips on her black framed sunglasses and passes him the aux cord, "Just play good music please."

The two end up in Kansas after a few hours to find the next person responsible for the Salvatore's bloodline. A house in the suburbs, a quiet neighborhood, stands before the pair.

Kol brushes his fingers through his hair before raising his hand to knock on the wooden door. A redheaded vampire opens up the door slowly at the unexpected visitor. Her face lights up in an instant after seeing Kol's figure. Mary Porter was quite fond of the Mikaelsons and made sure she had some type of connection with each.

Mary gives a jealous side eye to the beautiful stranger standing next to Kol but invites them in nonetheless. "New friend Kol?" Atë didn't know if she considered him a friend since she's been predominantly independent through her countless years walking this Earth.