11

Back in Mystic Falls once again, the troublemakers enter the mansion to come face to face with Elijah and Nik, both awaiting answers

Back in Mystic Falls once again, the troublemakers enter the mansion to come face to face with Elijah and Nik, both awaiting answers. Kol beams, "Don't worry brothers, we don't have to worry about Mary giving away information about who turned her."

Klaus' looks miffed, "You couldn't have texted or called to let us know the plan went accordingly?"

"We are here now telling you, isn't that good enough?" Atë playfully points out to the hybrid, drawing out her words.

His eyes narrow at her before changing his demeanor. With his lips curving upwards and a look of satisfaction plastered on his face, Klaus states, "Late debriefing aside, you've done well Kol." The youngest brother can't help but show that he's happy hearing his brother praise him, especially since their relationship has been nothing but rocky due to clashing strong personalities. 

His intense eyes flicker back over to the challenging brunette who accompanied his younger brother on the trip, "I guess we have you to thank as well, right Callista?"

Her voice comes out objectively, "I tagged along for the ride but Kol dealt with crazy Mary and the lovebirds. It was an entertaining experience to say the least."

Elijah pours himself a drink and talks with his eyes trained on Kol and 'Callista', not needing to look down at the alcohol falling into the crystalized glass, "Ah yes, how was Mary before Kol killed her?"

Atë snickers at this, not being able to help herself with the level of cringe displayed by the now dead vampire groupie.  "Mary tried to have a go at Kol before she was gifted with a stake." 

The two older brothers chuckle at this, remembering back to Mary's constant attempts to fit in with their family. While they didn't force her away centuries ago, they weren't particularly fond of her either, considering her behavior would be over the top and irritating.

Kol's ego takes center stage, not that it surprised anyone for that matter. "What can I say? I'm irresistible." His last two words are nuanced with self confidence. This raises more laughs, subconsciously bringing their brotherly relationships closer.

The goddess responds to his comment in a tongue-in-cheek manner, "Keep telling yourself that."

Klaus raises his eyebrows at this small exchange and watches on as Kol grows defensive in his own way by declaring, "You're just jealous."

Now Elijah curiously tunes into the scene playing out before him, awaiting 'Callista's' response. She denies them a flustered state and instead indifferently states, "I don't get jealous of anyone and especially not of Mary." The three guys stare at her, a bit surprised by the honesty seeping from her words and not just denial. Atë glances at them, "Duh."

Despite there being no actual talking, Elijah and Klaus hold eye contact, wondering if there is truly someone out there for Kol that could not only handle his antics but put him in his place as well. The look on Kol's face is comical itself, him realizing his usual charm doesn't work on the girl as easily as any of the others before her.