Chapter 14 Part 4- Not Really A Lunch Date

A shaky submissive looking Roland spoke. "Alpha Terrant. Disbanding is one thing, but your statement implies that there is no date for the council to be re-established. That is not per the law and tradition. It should-"

Terrant glared at Roland and the word died in his throat. Chris didn't realize it until now, but there appeared to be a very palpable dominating presence emitting from Terrant and his Father. Almost as though they were trying to make the other submit. It was slowly causing the other pack members to maintain a submissive stance with bowed head and lowered eyes. Chris touched Terrants elbow and immediately the tension broke. As the pressure dissipated an audible gasp was heard around the room.

Terrant glanced at Chris and nodded before looking up at Roland with a cold smile. "You noticed. There is no date for when the Council will be re-established, not even a temporary one." No one dared to speak as Terrant looked around the council. "You have all broken pack law and are being forcibly resigned."

"Terrant!" The Head Councilmember growled.

"None of you will be allowed to take office again." Terrant concluded.

"Alpha Terrant. This is completely unprovoked. Just because you initiate imperium in imperio does not mean you have the authority to fire the whole council." Roland said, still not able to look Terrant in the eye.

Terrant ignored him and spoke directly to the Head Councilmember. "Having a secret meeting without the approval of the Alpha. Without notifying the Alpha. Starting the meeting without the Alpha present... Sounds a little treasonous if you ask me."

"Terrant. You do not want to do this." The Head Councilmember said, his voice, a low growl.

Another council member jumped in."That is not enough to dismiss us all. Alpha Terr-"

"As you all are part of the council and received the message of a council meeting without asking for permission or notifying me... until the last moment. It is very suspicious activity. Especially since we are currently at war and this is not the first time a "secret meeting" has been held, without my knowledge." Terrant smirked at his Father who looked as though he was eating something sour. "Therefore, you are all considered accomplices and will be charged with treason."

Muttering broke out from the top rows of pack members.

The council appeared to be stunned into silence except for the Head Councilmember. "Terrant you don't have to do this. We are all aware that this is a ploy for you to get complete power over the pack. This will not put you in favor with the majority of pack members-"

"How would you know. Father? You never talk to the pack members anymore."

"Terrant I am telling you that you will regret this decision."

Terrant hooded his eyes. "That sounds like a threat." Terrant glanced up at the pack members and Terrants Father turned his head slightly to hear an increase of muttering from the pack members seated above him.

Terrant's Father cleared his throat. "Not a threat, Alpha Terrant. Just some advice from one Alpha to another." Chris could hear the anger just below the surface of his voice. She could tell that Terrant and his Father were holding back a lot of things they wanted to say.

Terrant laughed. "Of course not! That would be crazy." He smirked up at his Father. "I don't think you all understand that my proposal is quite generous."

"Generous?" Someone muttered under their breath.

"You see being accused of treason, or acting in a treasonous way has much worse penalties. From banishment to execution. As our great laws and traditions dictate." Terrant placed his hand on his chest and lowered his head in reverence.

Chris smirked as she thought. 'He played them.'

Terrant looked up and smiled at the council. "Being fired is a much kinder and merciful punishment. Don't you think?"

The council was quiet, while the pack members continued to mutter. Even Terrant's Father was unable to speak; he just sat in his chair glaring as Terrant opened the folder again. "I will continue with the announcements."

'Other pack drama is so much fun to watch.' Chris's wolf stated, contentedly. 'He is one smart cookie.' Her wolf said, watching Terrant contentedly.

Chris almost groaned, 'Do not name him after food.' Her wolf just chuckled as Terrant continued.

*Thanks for reading! Please vote and comment! I love constructive criticism, however, if it becomes mean I will take you down.*

-LostArrow-

Edited by munbunny and ChelsieNielson