Thirteen

After dinner, Taehyung volunteered to wash the dishes but as soon as he stood from his seat, Jungkook was quick to push him back down.

"I'll do it."

Taehyung blinked in surprise. "No, I can handle that." He insisted as he tried standing once more.

However, one glare from Jungkook made him fall back on his seat like a puppy being scolded.

"Okay. I'll just sit here and watch." He murmured as Jungkook began washing the plates.

The two of them were silent with only the sound of the water resonating in the kitchen.

Tessa, who was standing behind them, watched with a smile on her face. She shakes her head, finally deciding to leave the two in their own.

"I'll be going in my room now. Make sure the doors are locked, my lovely boys." She uttered, waving her hand as she turned her back on them.

"Okay, mom." Taehyung answered, eyes still fixated on the ravenette's broad back.

He couldn't stop staring at Jungkook's rolled sleeves, revealing veiny arms that travelled to his hands.

Taehyung subconsciously licked his lips, mind starting to envision how those strong hands would feel on him.

He's itching to run his fingers on his veins and feel his skin against his own.

"Tae."

He wanted to wrap those strong arms around him and make him feel secured.

He's dying to-

"Tae.." Jungkook appeared in front of Taehyung who flinched as he was suddenly snapped out of his thoughts.

"Uh what?!" Taehyung blurted out, fazed to see Jungkook now standing close to him.

He saw how the ravenette's lips turned into a lopsided smile.

"Are you okay? You've been spacing out." Jungkook asked in a low voice.

"Yeah!" Taehyung squeaked. He quickly stood, not minding the sudden strain on his left knee.

"Time for bed." He uttered, taking a step away from the ravenette.

He hadn't gotten far when he was grabbed by his arm and in one swift movement, he found himself being lifted off the ground.

"H-hey!" He stuttered, hands desperately circling around Jungkook's neck as he carried him bridal style.

"I can walk on my own.. put me down." He nervously whispered, not wanting his mother to hear and know what's going on outside her room.

"It'll be troublesome to go up the stairs in your situation." Jungkook simply stated, not listening to his protest.

Taehyung tried to wiggle out, but was immediately scolded by the ravenette.

"Don't be stubborn and move too much or we'll both roll down the stairs." Jungkook glanced at him with his serious face that quickly shut him up.

The ravenette effortlessly carried him upstairs and inside his room as if he didn't weigh anything, carefully letting him sit on the edge of the bed.

"I'll go check if the disk is ready." Jungkook said.

"Okay. Thank you." Taehyung politely smiled as Jungkook went out of the room, leaving him with his wild thoughts.

As soon as the door closed, Taehyung began panicking.

"Okay. Calm down, Tae." He murmured to himself, breathing in and out in a rapid manner in the hope of calming himself down.

He'll be sharing a bed with Jungkook.