19.

Ethan POV

"We need to talk, " I told Lizzie as soon as I went home the same day in the night as we get to bed. I didn't want it to surprise her when we go to the Scotts early Christmas morning to meet my daughter.

"What about?" She asked crossing her legs in that monk kind of way her hands holding them in place.

I run my hand through my hair not knowing how to break it to her that I have a daughter-that I didn't know for five years and I was knowing two weeks ago-that I'm going to meet the same day that I'm going to meet her parents.

I stayed silent not knowing how to come out with it. I tried different angle to go about it but all were a bad way to start off I can't just blurt it out. It would sound like I was cheating on her or something.

"We need to make a stop tomorrow before heading over to your parents to have Christmas dinner, " I told her watching expression as I'm going to ease her in gentle no ripping the bandaid off.

"Okay, " she said slowly. "As long as we go to my parents after it's okay with me, " she added shrugging.

I sighed. "I..." I paused licking my lips. How do you tell your now girlfriend that you're going to meet your child after five years. "I don't know how to tell you this. I'm going to meet someone that I haven't seen for five years, " I said pushing back my hair. Why is this so hard? Just do it. Your a man for Christ sake why is this taking so long and drawn out?

"That's great but why are you acting like it's a big deal, your just meeting someone?" She said oblivious. That still didn't stop me from reacting the why that I did.

"It is a big deal, " I retorted sharply. I regretted it a moment later seeing the shock and hurt look on her face that I would shout at her without a valid reason that she know of. I know I shouldn't have snapped at her so I apologize. "I'm sorry, it's just that...this someone is important to me, " I told her sincerely. She still looked hurt so I take her hands in mine squeezing them. "I hope you understand, this was before I met you 8 months ago, long before I knew you, " I swallowed breaking the news to her. "I have a daughter, " she looked at me in disbelief but didn't say anything waiting for me to continue.

"Her mother and I had been seeing each other. It was inappropriate at the time to want what we want with each other but we were reckless we didn't care. I was cheating on my fiance with her, her sister, " her eyes widened but she didn't look at me in disgust or pulling her hands out of mine like she was burnt or might check an incurable disease. "I was willing to marry her instead of her sister, she wouldn't agree didn't want to disrespect her parents and sister more than she was already doing by sleeping with me, I loved her I didn't care about anyone but us, you could say I was being selfish but I didn't want to let her go, " she didn't interrupt me as I tell her everything trusting her that she won't look at me differently after hearing this for the first time in 8 months.

"She loved me too, I knew that but she didn't want to hurt her sister, the last time I saw her she asked me to leave, I refused but I was force to, on the day of the wedding, my wife was in love with someone else so I guess we had an understanding, she confused she don't want to marry me but her love Bethany, I was both shocked and relieved that i didn't have to go through the wedding and I will get to be with her but she disappeared. She planned it, to leave on my wedding day when everyone was too occupied attending the wedding to realize that she ran away and five years later she confess to me she has a daughter and I'm the father, I was doubtful we had an agreement and she said confessed to me so I got a DNA test and it proved that the child is mine." I sighed squeezing her hand when she remained silent.

"So the child doesn't know your father and you're going to meet her a few days from now, on Christmas Day, " she said understanding. I was relieved that she understand and wasn't hateful that I didn't tell her long time ago. I felt a weight being lift off of my shoulder.

I nodded rubbing the skin on the back of her hand. "If it was my decision I would have been introduced to her on that day I found out but the mother requested that I had to on that day because of the story she's been telling her daughter, " I explained more so she could understand.

"I guess meeting my parents can wait then, " she sighed slumping her shoulder and holding her head down. I release one of her hand using my thumb to push up her chin so she looks at me.

"You still can introduce me to your parents at dinner, we'll go early to go meet my daughter, " I told her smiling reassuringly that I won't push back meeting her parents for a next day.

"But don't you want to spend time with your daughter, I mean you've missed so much of her life already and I understand that, meeting my parents can wait we can do that the day after, " she shrugged with a small smile.

"Are you sure?" I asked hesitant to put it off. I know I can meet them a next day but I know how important introducing me to her parents is to her. She gave me a reassuring smile nodding her head.

I pulled her by her wrist as she fall into my chest hugging her tightly to my body kissing her forehead. "Thank you for understanding Lizzie, what would my life be without you?" I said.

We stayed in each others embrace for a long time. I only hope she accepts me as her father and when she grows older to learn the truth she wouldn't hate me or her mother.

She already saw me once, meeting her on Christmas day for the second time might cause her to ask questions, I hope she doesn't and the excitement of finally having and knowing her father would be more overwhelming than her curiosity on my absence.

I know Crystal fed her stories but if she is smart she'll ask a lot of questions that I'm not sure I would be able to answer her truthfully.

"Do you want to come meet my daughter with me?" I asked in the silence that has fallen over the both of us.

"Uh are you sure?" She asked unsure that her meeting my daughter is a good idea. It isn't really but I want her to meet my daughter to get along with her. I hope my daughter like my girlfriend. "I don't want to intrude or anything or make things uncomfortable, " she added.

"Of course I'm sure and you don't have to worry I won't tell her that you're my girlfriend, yet, that'll only make things more uncomfortable and confusing, she's only five she'll need time to process everything, " I explained to her.

"I understand, " she claimed the both of us going silent again.