In A War Zone

Hi everyone!

Just a quick message to say this story won't be following the series exactly.  I am basically writing this to revolve around Amelia and Tommy. Let me know what you think.

Small Heath was buzzing with electricity. In the past few weeks there had been rumblings that the Peaky Blinders where going to take over Billy Kimber's racing empire. Amelia had tried to ignore the tid bits of information but she found herself listening in more and more.

Amelia knew of Billy Kimber from her days of living in London. A psychotic man with a need for fast girls, money and control. Knowing that the Peaky Blinders where stepping into deadly territory made Amelia weary. Taking it upon herself to distance herself was easy, throwing herself into her work and only seeing Ada every now and then made it possible.

Ada had become fascinated with Freddie Thorne and would spend every minute by his side all the while thankful that her brothers had bigger fish to fry. 

As a new spring day rolled around Amelia once again found herself at work well before it was time. The doctor had asked her to look over some paperwork so she took it upon herself to get busy with that all the while ignoring the niggling feeling in the back of her head.

It had been two weeks since her last meeting with Thomas Shelby and she still felt on edge. It was the close proximity of their meeting that kept replaying in her mind whenever she was still. There was something about him that she couldn't quite make out. A man as controlled and calculated at Mr Shelby was a man of great intelligence and planning.

A mastermind in the art of war. Amelia wondered if he had always been like this? Whether this was developed post war....shaking her head to try and distance herself from him once more, she began to open up her files.  

---

Jane had stepped into her office a little while later to bring her a tea and ask if there was anything she required.

"Why is it so quiet today?" Amelia asked just as Jane was leaving her office.

Jane spun around giddily ready to share her bit of gossip "The blinders are going after Kimber today- everyone's hunkering down until its all over"

Amelia blinked up at the information "Isn't it happening at the races?"

Jane shrugged "Yes but trouble always seems to follow them back here Mrs Crostwell" and Jane quickly left the room, satisfied that she was able to share her gossip.

Amelia saw three patients that today and they where all passed to her by the Doctor for stitch removals. It was a painfully boring day and she hoped that the afternoon would go quickly so that she could leave these four small walls.

---

The afternoon had gone just as slow as the morning had started but Amelia was ready to go. A headache was looming just behind her eyes and she was hoping to go home and rest. Just as she stood up to leave she heard the unmistakable sound of a gun shot. It echoed so loudly down the street that Amelia gripped the table out of fear.

Listening out she waited.

Was this real? Was it her imagination playing tricks on her? Amelia felt sick rise to her throat and her heart thudding loudly in her chest when the second gun shot rang out. It was only a few minutes but Amelia felt as if she had been stuck in that spot her whole life.

A gun shot has an unmistakable sound that still to this day echoes in her nightmares. Amelia's thoughts quickly changed to that of Thomas Shelby, was he the one firing that gun?