Chapter 21 : Reward For Kindness

"No! No! Stop, Mo-m!"

"Hey Jungkook, wake up." I arise from my sleep the moment I heard him screaming from his room. Days passed by since his mother came to visit and he is still like this.

Mr. Jeon did not come home that day, Hannah on the other hand just left when she noticed that Jungkook was finally gaining consciousness again that day.

Mr. Jeon called Mr. Sanders, he is Jungkook's therapist. He is the man I always see wearing a white coat from my bedroom window. He gave Jungkook more medicines and he has been taking them daily.

But since his mother's visit, Jungkook was never the same. I would always have a hard time convincing him to eat. Whenever he did, he would only eat small portions of his meal. He sleeps more right now, and when he is awake he is either silent or screaming, there's no in-between. I would sleep next to him on a makeshift single bed at some nights because he keeps having nightmares.

The good news is that he somehow listens to me whenever I tell him to calm down. I don't know why but I'm glad that he can still get ahold of himself.

His friends still don't know anything about what is happening. Not that they are curious, they simply don't have any idea about Jungkook's current situation.

Jungkook opens his eyes with tears, his chest is continuously going up and down, pleading for air. "Hey, it's fine. You're alright. Just breathe... slowly." I tried so hard to smile at him, to encourage him.

He nods at me while he closes his eyes again and tried to breathe as calmly as possible. When I noticed that he is feeling fine again, I decided to go back to sleeping but then Jungkook held my hand tightly.

I looked at him, his eyes are still closed. "Do you need something?" I ask.

"Stay, please." He says. "Please." His grip was strong but it doesn't hurt me, what stings my heart is seeing how he is mentally and emotionally tired.

"I'm just gonna get my pillows," I told him as I try to remove his hand from mine but he won't move it away. Instead, he opens his eyes.

"Just sleep here." He moves from his position and showed me space in his space.

He wants me to sleep on his bed? With him?

"Please." He pleads and taps the space next to him. Considering that he thinks I'm a guy, I sighed and just agreed to him. I carefully lay down on his bed and inserted my feet inside the sheets.

"You can sleep now," I tell him. I continue to stare up at the ceiling. I can see at the corner of my eye that he faces the direction towards me.

I have no intention to lay down and face him in a very close distance, that will be torture. I also have no guts to look at the space on my right side, I don't want Jungkook to think that I'm forced to be here.

"Can I ask you questions?" He speaks. I know he is not that intrusive but his questions usually require detailed answers that sometimes I'm afraid of him asking me questions about me.

"Shoot."

"Why are you still here?" He started and it felt like something tugged into my heart.

"Aside from getting paid by your dad," I laughed a little. "I also don't want to leave a friend alone."

"I don't want to be a burden to anyone." He replies.

"You're not." I quickly faced him and smiled before looking back at the ceiling again.

"Are you afraid of something?" I looked at him as I laugh at his question.

"Of course, we all have our own fears," I said. "Mine happens to be something unexpected."