chap 4

His pov:

He sat there brooding , a dark man with a dark past . A man without a heart but a soul darker than the night skies. A man without redemption . " sire " one of his guard called , head bowed low in fear. That's what he struck in the heart of his subjects fear utter fear. FEAR without relief . And somehow it made him feel happy to know that they all feared the grounds their sire walked on .

" speak baldor no one holds you back" he commanded " long live the sire " baldor praised but the king knew what they speak was exactly the opposite of what they said in all facts they wished him dead . Gone from this world ."your right hand man is hear to see you" baldor continued not once looking at the king's face .

"let him in " the king answered and turned back . In seconds his right hand man came in . This was the man whose eyes showed complete loyalty. His best person.

" Oliver I grieve with you . Sorry for your loss brother " . The sire said and Oliver gave a weak smile " my mother was a good woman sire " Oliver said " she just didn't make the right decisions but I don't blame her not one bit . " Oliver continued his eyes distant yet shone when he talked about his mother . " my mother died longing for her daughter . I wish I could have brought Regina back before my mother died . If my little Regina were here my mother wouldn't have died . "

The mention of the name Regina the king's pulse went racing . His betrothed . His Regina. When he was a child and still had a heart ever since he learnt of his father's decision to marry off his weak son vermol to the poor widows young daughter he made it a purpose to secretly visit her to see her face every day . But one day she left without a trace . He never had a purpose from that day forward .

He remembered the first time he saw her . He had gone with his brothers to explore the fields and there she sat outside her mother's barn tending to the wounds of a young wounded calf cursing the poor thing for always getting into trouble. She was a beauty . Her blond hair shone brighter than the sun .

Her pink lips plump and inviting and he watched it form different angry words .when she finally looked up to notice the prince she bowed smiled . It was then he knew she had to be his

Olivers eyes looked him over " mother made Regina run away from home to keep her away from you . Sire I need your help ."

" tell me brother what do you want " " my sister . I want my sister back . Sire I have digged up her way about . "

This news brought a smile to the sires weary lips how pleasing to hear it . Looks like his Regina didn't have to hide much longer . He was going to find her . " send words to the eight kingdoms and beyond Oliver let the news spread like wild bush fire . I want them all to know that the sires Queen is coming home . His majesty has found a woman he wishes to honor as royal Queen . "

Olivers eyes shone and his smile bright " I always knew you had a thing for my sister .consider the words already spreading . " the two men sat and talked about the things men talked about .

Immediately Oliver left after telling of her way about the king called his guard " prepare a room for your queen ." he ordered happiness flooding his being and swallowed him up slowly

He thought of what to get her as a wedding gift . How she would react to this news . Does she know? That the sickly prince she once used to know is the same man sitting on the throne. Does she know of the promise her mother made to his father to get them both married ? . She doesn't . No one apart from himself and his dead father knew .

He had overheard their entire conversation that day

( Flash back)
He was being mischievous again hiding from cala his nanny he ran through the palace in the game of hide and seek .she was getting old and she wouldn't catch him so easily .he giggled a child that he was . He could still hear her shouting at the top of her lungs " vermol my darling stop running so fast you will lose your breath easily you are sick ." he rolled his eyes . that's what everyone seemed to care about his sickly nature . Infact he had heard the servants whisper once that he wasn't going to grow old and have children . He was going to surely die along the way .the king's abomination of a son .

But young vermol didn't care if he was going to die then he would make sure to die happy . " young mother catch me first " he screamed back and laughed at the frustrated look on her face . They continued that way until it was sure his young mother would win the game of hide and seek . He had only one place to hide and that was his father's meeting chamber and so he ran there

As he got there he could here voices so he listened . It wouldn't hurt to hear just a little. " sire I have just a young daughter and one son . I have no husband. I am the only one feeding them . That land belonged to my late husband . Sire if you take that land from us we would starve . Have mercy ." the woman pleaded and vermols little heart squeezed in pity for her

" I am the king woman .I can take whatever I want and I want that land . either you give it willingly or I take it by force" " no sire I beg of you another thing but not that land . My children will starve ." the poor woman begged . The proud sire laughed " what can a woman of your status give me ? Besides your body of course ." " over my late husband's body . Have some respect for a widow who is still mourning her husband's death . " the king laughed again evil and mean

" you forget that I am the king Synda . I can take you wherever and whenever I want . I can make you become mistress and sell your children as slaves if I so pleased . But I won't ! I want to marry off my weak son vermol to anybody willing to take him . He is a burden to my reputation . " the king stated disgust laced with his voice making vermol at the other end to flinch . His father really hated him .

" I...have a young ...... daughter she is nearly blooming to become a lady sire ." " if you want to keep your land Synda then your daughter is to marry my son ." after minutes of silence Synda finally replied broken hearted and defeated " yes sire"

(Flash back ends)

He got up and walked to his chamber . Regina would be his tomorrow. He was happy but the question is

"will she want to birth his hier?" will she want to birth an hier for the man whose Father ruined her life . The man whom people describe as soulless and void .

Will she ?.

Yes that was a very good question . Will Regina accept vermol and all he had to offer ? Come on guys let's find out.