Arthur Morgan: Matchmaker

Arthur Morgan X Female Reader

Summary: Hosea decides that it's time to play matchmaker.

Word Count: 2000

Hosea watched your interaction with Arthur, even though it was becoming painful. The two of you were talking, starting off with discussing a job but now just finding any excuse to keep talking. The two of you blushing and smiling, you ducking your head and tucking your hair behind you ear, and Arthur dropping his gaze so that the brim of his hat could hide his face.

Hosea just rolled his eyes before returning his attention back to his newspaper, he couldn't bare to suffer through watching that for any longer.

Absolutely hopeless. That's what you both are; absolutely hopeless. Hosea considered himself to be rather observant, especially when it came to the gang, but he was certain that anyone could see that you and Arthur had feelings for each other. Anyone but the two of you, both of you seeming completely unaware of the other's actions or feelings. Admittedly, Hosea thought it was pretty sad.

Despite being aware of the predicament that you both found yourselves in, Hosea hadn't said anything. He wasn't one to get involved in other people's business, unless it was for the gang's well-being. But it was getting hard to watch and he really was sympathetic towards the two of you. Maybe that's why he was considering taking action. He knew that Arthur was too dense to do anything by himself, perhaps he needed a push.

-----

"Y/n, just who I wanted to see" Hosea's voice stopped you in your tracks, his head lifting up when he saw you passing him.

"What do you need, Hosea?" you asked with a kind smile as you stopped walking and turned to face him.

"Could you make a trip into town to pick up some things for me?" Hosea asked.

"Sure, what do you need?" you nodded, happy to help. You were usually happy to help out most members of the gang but you would always help Hosea whenever you could because you knew that he would do the same for you.

"Just some little things, wrote it all down for you" Hosea smiled as he pulled a piece of paper out of his pocket, holding it out to you.

"Thanks, shouldn't take too long" you assured him as you read over the list, all the items on it being easy enough to get.

"Oh and do take Arthur, won't you? He needs to go into town for somethings as well" Hosea told you, his facial expression not changing.

"Uh, yeah, sure" you smiled, nodding at him before turning and walking back the way you came.

You were definitely a little confused. If Arthur already had to go into town why didn't Hosea just give him the list instead of you? But you didn't say anything. You liked Hosea, you saw him as a father figure, and he was generally kindhearted but you still knew that he wasn't somebody you argued with.

You found Arthur with his horse, securing the saddle properly. "Hey, Arthur. You going into town?" you asked as you waked up to him, approaching from behind.

"Yeah, need to run a few errands" Arthur nodded, suddenly turning his attention away from the saddle and to you, brushing his hands clean on his jeans.

"Hosea wants me to pick up somethings for you, told me to go with you" you told him, hoping that he wouldn't mind you tagging along. You didn't want to get in his way.

"Oh, sure, not a problem" Arthur nodded, making sure that his enthusiasm was obvious on his face. The truth was that he would love for you to join him. "You ready to go now?" he asked.