Chapter 22

Warning a slight mature chapter.

Turning off the shower I stepped out. Wearing my bathrobe I dried my hair with a towel before hanging it on the hook. Taking out the nightgown from my walk in closet which was attached with the washroom, I almost gasped when I saw what I have picked out.

It was made of black gossamer and fastened with tiny jet buttons. Since the only nightgowns I had ever worn had been of modest white cambric or muslin, this was rather shocking. However, I still decided to give this nightgown a try. Removing my bathrobe, I drew the gown over my head and let it slither over my body in a cool, silky drift. The thin fabric draped closely over my shoulders and torso and buttoned at the waist before flowing to the ground in transparent panels. A side slit went up to my hip, exposing my leg when I moved.

And my back was shockingly exposed, the gown dipping low against my spine but since my hair is till waist length so it'll easily cover my back. Taking a step back from the mirror I looked at my reflection. The first thing I noticed was the natural flush on my cheeks. The gown wasn't that exposing but still it didn't made me nervous.

Taking a deep breath I tentatively  emerged from the washroom.

I froze as soon as I saw him. He was looking handsome once again.

The more I saw him, the prettier I found him every time.

I thought that way because he looked so good in his gray polo-shirt and black sweats. He even smelled so good (that clean pine tree manly scent), while there I am, with a little bit of saliva mark on the right side of my mouth, which I inconspicuously tried to remove.

Ashar had just finished drinking water from the glass when he turned towards me and froze, except for his gaze, which traveled over her in a burning sweep. "My God," he muttered. He gripped the glass tightly as if he was afraid it might slip through his fingers.

We both could not say anything for a while as we drank each others appearance. Minutes went by loaded with silence.

"What?" We both asked at the same time.

"N-Nothing" And we both stammered.

He might have understood that it was the charm of his personality but did not say anything further that was quite enough to make me crazy again.

"I-I've made Coffee for us. I've set it up in the balcony...would you come?" I tried to sternly repress a grin with the way he just asked me.

"Yup." I replied and walked towards my closet to take out a stole which'll cover me up. Opening my closet, I bend down a little to take out the shawl when my hair felled to my side.
Ashar drew in a harsh breath and although I heard him mumble a curse, which I didn't take offense.

Picking out an ice blue colour shawl from the closet, I closed the door. Wrapping the shawl from the back I froze midway when his hand touched my shoulder, a swift charge ran through my whole body. Removing my hair to the side, he slowly wrapped the shawl around me turning me to face him.

He was tall. He was broad. He had the perfect amount of stubble on his jawline, and those eyes were to-die for – deep grey and piercing. Then there was his hair – thick, brown, and ideal for sliding fingers through. I didn’t want to take my eyes off him, but I knew better than to stare.

"You’re here." He whispered as he caressed my cheek with the back of his hand.

"I’m here," I responded.

I kid you not, we repeated that exchange for fouteen times, while we smiled at each other. And my gosh, that moment - that tiny moment - was so precious. His eyes. His smile.