~ 𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓢𝓲𝔁𝓽𝔂-𝓝𝓲𝓷𝓮 ~

Chapter Sixty-Nine: Firebolt

The common room was quiet that night in February, it was late so almost everyone was asleep, except Lina and Cedric, they were sitting opposite each other on the ageing patchwork sofa in front of the fire

The common room was quiet that night in February, it was late so almost everyone was asleep, except Lina and Cedric, they were sitting opposite each other on the ageing patchwork sofa in front of the fire. Their feet were resting against each other and the pair was reading their own textbooks revising.

They were both quiet until Lina sneezed her head lurched forward from the force of the sneeze and when she was done she shook her head, Lina went to go back to reading but feeling eyes on her looked up, Cedric was watching her, an adoring look in his eye.

"What?" Lina asked tilting her head slightly "have I got something on my face?"

Cedric shook his head chuckling to himself "no, no, your face is nice, good, erm no, there's nothing on it. It's just, oh never mind it's nothing" he shook his head again clearing any thought he had and while his face flashed serious for a brief second it was quick to be replaced by his charming grin.

Lina eyed him sceptically "alright if you're sure."

"I'm sure."

They settled back into silence often nudging each other with their feet and grinning, although never looking at each other until a person who Lina had never seen in the common room appeared, Professor McGonagall.

"Professor McGonagall," Cedric said snapping his book shut.

Lina then noticed she was holding Lina's Firebolt "am I allowed my broom back?"

"Yes Miss Lina, after several thorough checks it has been deemed safe. Thank you for your patience."

Lina scrambled up from the sofa to get her broom, she couldn't help but feel slightly smug, she knew there'd be nothing wrong with the broom "thank you, Professor."

The professor left and Lina spun around to Cedric grinning "you are now looking at the owner of the best broom around."

"Wanna test it out?" Cedric asked sitting on the edge of the sofa.

"Where."

"You trust me?" Cedric asked Lina gave him a look that simple said 'of course you idiot.' Cedric got up from the sofa and grabbing Lina's hand they left the common room, they sneaked through the castle's corridor and out the castle towards the quidditch pitch, making a stop at the broom shed to get Cedric's.

Lina wasted no time in getting on the broom and kicking off. Lina gripped the broom tighter as it flew off, her hair whipped her face but she didn't care, the broom obeyed Lina with the smallest of nudges, at one point Lina literally flew circles around Cedric laughing with excitement.

After a half an hour of Lina testing out her broom and Cedric chasing her on his much slower broom they touched down back on the ground.

"That was amazing" Lina cheered jumping u and down "ha, did you see how fast I was going, I felt like I was flying. Oh, my Merlin" Lina pointed her broom at Cedric by the handle "there was no way you were going to catch me" Lina couldn't stop laughing "I've never had so much fun."

"Eve, any louder and you'll wake the whole castle," Cedric said laughing as well, he didn't care how loud she was being, she was laughing and happy and that was all he cared about but if any teachers caught them they'd be in so much trouble.

"Oh come on Ced, you saw that, how fast I was."

"Yeah but I nearly caught you."

Lina stopped laughing to look at Cedric, she smiled shaking her head "no you didn't, you went even close."

"I didn't mean on the brooms, I meant now" Cedric suddenly sprang forward, Lina shirked and ran away Cedric chasing after her, he did nearly catch several times but Lina was quick on her feet dodging Cedric with a sudden change of directions but Cedric was quicker catching Lina around her waist, he lifted her up and spun her around.

"Put me down, golden boy!"

"Nope" keeping Lina up he walked in a slow circle, Lina struggled but his grip was too strong.

"Cedric" Lina whined.

"Alright, alright" he dropped her but kept her arms around her waist, Lina turned around so they were facing each other, breathing heavily their breaths mingled together.

Lina felt her smile slowly drop and inched ever so closely forward a few more inches and their lips would be touching, Lina had never wanted something so badly, closer and closer they go, one more-

"Evangelina! Mr Diggory!" The pair jumped apart as if they had been electrocuted and snapped their heads to the voice, Remus was standing at the ground entrance, his hands on his hips "what are you doing out here?"

Lina stepped in front of Cedric "we were testing my broom out, Professor McGonagall gave it back to me, there was nothing wrong with it."

"And you really thought now was the best time."

Cedric stepped to stand next to Lina, he lightly held her hand "it was my fault Professor Lupin, I suggested we try the broom."

"We're sorry uncle Remus," Lina said.

Remus looked between the teens and sighed, he knew he couldn't expect Lina to stay in the castle at all times and not do things that would get her in trouble, she was fifteen years old and Sirius's daughter "don't let it happen again, now get back inside the castle before someone else who won't be so kind catches you."

Cedric and Lina ran up to the castle barely talking, when they got back to the common room Lina said a quiet thank you but instead of going to her room she went to Lucy's. Inside Lucy's room, her bed was the one closest to the door.  Lina shook Lucy until she woke up, but to say Lucy was unimpressed was an understatement.

"Lina, what do you want?" Lucy mumbled burying her head further into her pillow.

"I nearly kissed Cedric" Lina admitted.

That one sentence woke Lucy up, she bolted upright "you what!" she half screamed.

"Shush" Lina hissed, they glanced around to make sure they hadn't woken any of the other girls up, they hadn't. "What'd you mean you nearly kissed Cedric?"

Lina sat crossed-legged on Lucy's bed "I mean I nearly kissed Cedric, there's nothing else that sentence could mean."

"When?"

"Just now, we were trying out my Firebolt, which is totally awesome by the way, and then we landed, we started joking around and he caught me around the waist, he started learning in, we were going to kiss as well if uncle Remus hadn't of shown up."

"Well fuck me."

"And I wanted him to kiss me, like a lot."

"Then why didn't you after you got back here."

"I don't know probably the biggest thing being the timing wasn't right, with everything going on with my dad this year it wouldn't feel right, and" Lina sighed "I want it to come naturally if I went up to him now and straight out kissed him it wouldn't be right."

"But you want to kiss him?"

Lina swallowed "so much."

"You've got it, bad girl, haven't you?"

Lina laid down next to Lucy "so bad."