epilogue

epilogue.

~*~

Night turned to morning as we waited for the doctor to give us news. I'd been by the reception desk about twenty times. They kept telling me I had to wait. But I couldn't as my elbows were rested on my knees and face in hands; awaiting the arrival of the doctor.

The only information I got was 'he's going to okay' as if that was going to heal my aching heart. Jennifer tried to convince me to go home with her, but I refused to leave Ryan alone.

Overtime, I'd realized that he was the one for me and I'd do anything for him, so when the doctor came around the corner, I basically jumped up from my seat.

He smiled at me which I took as a good sign and my heart started pounding when he said, "you can see him now."

I grinned widely and followed the doctor to the ward. He opened the door for me to go in and I thanked him. There—the boy I loved—lied there with his eyes closed, there an apparatus that slowly released a liquid, that intravenously released drugs into Ryan's bloodstream and a heart monitor on his finger.

Sitting in the chair next to the bed, I took his hand in mine and interlocked our hands together. "I'm so sorry Ryan." A lump started to form in my throat which was very hard to swallow. "I love you Ryan, please don't leave me. I can't lose you."

Propping myself up, I moved his hair away from his forehead and placed a delicate kiss on his forehead. "I won't leave your side." 

Deciding that maybe he needed space, I turned around and look out the window, trying not to cry. I was deep in my thoughts when he I heard his voice. My head whipped around so quick, my body was even unprepared for it.

"Lydia," he said, voice hoarse and gruff. "Hey, roommate."

A grin broke across my lips as I moved over to the bed. "You're awake," I stated the obvious, brushing my fingers through his light brown hair as those blue eyes looked up at me.

"I would never leave you," he said as he grabbed my hand that sent a jolt of electricity through my body.

"I'm so sorry," I said genuinely, "for being so hard on you these past few months." Wiping the tear away from my cheek.

He pushed himself up, a deep groan escaped his throat. "Shit," he cursed as he held his hand on his stomach, "d-don't worry. You're here now and that's all that matters."

The girlfriend instinct kicked in. "Don't move," I warned, "you'll only hurt yourself." But Ryan being Ryan, didn't listen to me, as always. "You're stubborn."

"I know," he retorted, hand still on the side of his stomach. He even looked hot in a hospital gown. There was still purple bruises on his face, specifically under his eye, cheek and lips. It made him look pretty hot.

Deciding to do what's best, I blurted out the truth. "Ryan, I love you."

For a second, I thought his eyes widened but he kept his composure as he cupped his hand around his ear. "What's that?"

Rolling my eyes, I repeated, "I said I love you."

Then, all of a sudden, he pulled me into him—to which he let out a deep groan—and he made me lie next to him. "Don't move you stubborn wall," I scolded as I wrapped my arm around his stomach.

His arm went around my neck as I rested my head on his chest. "Fuck, I love you so much."

Looking up at him, he had his famous smirk plastered on his lips. Ignoring the purple bruise, I leaned in and kissed him. This kiss had love, passion and joy in it. Again, he made me smile and I never with this feeling in my stomach to go away.

He pulled away, "you're such a great kisser."

"You not bad yourself, Romeo," I teased, holding back my grin.

Ryan raised an eyebrow. "Romeo?" he asked, "wow, thought you could gimme something better than that. But I'll take it, Juliet."

"Promise me you will always take care of me?"

He smiled. "I will never, ever leave you. I will take care of you forever and ever, until infinity runs out," he reassured me and he kissed me again.

That's all it took for me to melt into him. I was happy. He was happy. We were happy. He completed me in so many ways, it was unbelievable how he did it.

From this moment forward, I was going to work on us and only us. When I lifted my hand to touch my tingling cheek, tears were coming out of my eyes. Tears of joy. Tears of happiness. Tears of love.

My roommate was a player. And I love him with all my heart.

Ryan chuckled. "Why are you crying?"

"I'm just so happy," I said as I sat up. "I didn't know this feeling was so pleasing."

He laughed as he pulled me closer into him. "You'll get used it, because I'm here to stay."

In the end, everything worked out and in the end, my life changed for the better. And in the end, Ryan promised to stay.

I was happy.

~*~

T h e   E n d.

A/N:

ahh that’s it! i hope you enjoyed reading this as much as i enjoyed writing it! just... thank you for even sticking around and took the time to read every single word.

you’re beautiful and that’s a fact, so slay.