38: GHOST OF SEPTEMBER PAST

Look! After! Yourselves!!! Ingest sustenance! Absorb liquids! Go to sleep! Take your meds! And, dare I say it... maybe even go outside for a bit for some sun and fresh air?? How scandalous!

Enjoy the chapter!!

Discord server, if you let the dogs out: https://discord.gg/DSBF4dP

gg/DSBF4dP

~

"Now, Sir's just beyond that door!" Togata informed in a hushed voice, pointing towards a plain wooden door at the end of an equally plain white corridor.

"Thanks for your help, Togata-senpai. I really appreciate it," Izuku said earnestly.

"It's no problem! Helping people is all part of being a hero – and with a dream as crazy as yours, you could do with all the help you can get, right?" He beamed, exuding so much excitement the other boy couldn't help but relax a little more. "If you want to become stronger, you need to open that door with your own strength!"

Izuku took a deep breath, plunging himself into his unfaltering Deku persona with a bold smile.

"Yes, sir!"

And he threw open the door.

Hysterical giggles filled the room, breathless and raspy. A woman with blue skin and a costume that exposed most of her torso was strapped into a tickle-torture device. The sidekick, Bubble Girl, was writhing and howling with laughter as the pink fluff tickled up and down her bare sides, ruthless and unrelenting, even as tears streamed down her cheeks. He kept his gaze on her, knowing that he was delaying the inevitable of acknowledging the other figure in the room, all lanky with long arms and legs, looking the picture of average businessman with his light grey suit and black oxfords.

Sir Nighteye's head swung around to glare at him. His features were sharpened with a frown, thin yellow brows gnarled together. Piercing yellow eyes stared from behind yellow-framed glasses. Short green and yellow hair was slicked perfectly into place. The intimidating air he gave off would've been petrifying if Izuku had an ounce of self-preservation or didn't realise that there were worse things to fear.

It was hard enough to face Aizawa again, but it was harder still to face Nighteye.

Instead of flinching away, Izuku smiled.

"Oh, what a coincidence! I also built a machine that tickles you," he exclaimed delightedly.

Nighteye's face remained unchanged. If anything, the hard lines around his mouth deepened.

"I've been asking people to try it," Izuku continued, unfazed, "but for some reason nobody seems to want to try some test tickles."

Bubble Girl wheezed in an irregular breath that might've once been considered a laugh. Nighteye didn't so much as blink. Togata gave a hesitant, spluttering chuckle, as if he was trying to hold it back.