ANÁKTISI

Warning: Sensitive topics will be eluded to. Reader's discretion is advised to those under 14 and who may find it triggering.

 Reader's discretion is advised to those under 14 and who may find it triggering

~•~

Cally is dumbfounded by what she has just witnessed. Atlas is no longer a creature, but a man. She sharply turns her gaze away, only catching a glimpse of just how man he really is. Sure, she has seen male anatomy in textbooks and knew roughly what it looked like, but never had she actually seen such things in person.

Ignoring her discomfort, she hesitantly lays her hand against his throat. Beneath her fingers, the tiniest thrum of a pulse is felt. Cally releases a breath slowly from her lips. He is alive, but what to do with him now?

She stares down at his closed eyelids, only just remembering the rain beating down on her back. She can't leave him out here in the rain, but she can't very well let him stay with her? The two of them in her small tent was far too close for her comfort, but did she have any other choice?

Perhaps lending him shelter is her only option besides leaving him in the rain, which is not very kind.

Gritting her teeth, Cally reaches her now bloody hands under his shoulders, and begins to drag him through the sand, back to her hut. This might not be the correct decision, but it is the kind one. Every few feet, she stops to rest, her back and shoulders aching with the strain of his body weight. She hadn't expected him to be so heavy. Atlas is quite thin and lean, but apparently muscle weighs a lot more than she was expecting.

Soon enough, she has arrived back at her dwindling fire. Atlas is still unconscious in her arms, stoking her worry. She settles him down on a little bed of leaves and sets herself down on the other side of the fire, but not before placing a rather large leaf over his manhood.

Cally spends the next hour or so tending to the fire. Her eyes threaten to close and drift into a much needed sleep, but she forces herself to stay awake. Sleeping would put her in a very vulnerable position were Atlas to awaken whilst she was defenseless.

She is startled by a low groan across from her. Cally stares wide-eyed as Atlas comes to.

Warmth is the first thing Atlas feels when he awakens. His left side is warmer than his right, which is strange. He blearily opens his eyes, only to be blinded by fire, the orange flames making a purple imprint on his closed eyelids.

A low groan sounds deep in his chest as he begins to feel the full affects of his pain. It is always painful after the shift, only, he had forgotten exactly how bad it was. The sudden scent of his human has his gaze snapping up to her's.

Her eyes are wide and alert, her body shrinking into the side of her small hut. He watches her curiously. Last he remembered, he had passed out in the rain. She must have carried him back here. Atlas wonders why she would do such a thing--bringing a monster into her own home.