Chapter 3: The Lost One

Red eyes open, the black abyss met its gaze. The figure not knowing where she is. Memories went like the none existing wind, nothing. A voice whisper into her ear. She ignored it, wondering where she was or who she is. Her mind was blank, face emotionless and uncaring. The only thought in her mind was “Who am I?” she tried to remember but they came out blank. The whisper came back, but now louder, more of a shout. Words she seemingly perfectly understand, images her mind should not see, a call from beyond asking her to follow.

Her eyes shook and her gaze cast down to her blood-covered black and white nun outfit and bloody hands. She took a step back, shocked and horrified filled her once emotionless face. Soon, the black world was filled. A pale red moon hung in the air, closer to the waters. its glow filling the world with color dyed a red-ish tint. The endless lake, the horizon never-ending and the sky dyed the same, under the feet of the woman and her gaze was set on the moon.

Like a force, her knees gave in, her arms went limp and her eyes turned dull, losing its previous shine as if something is possessing her. Her beautiful white hair covered in blood, the rest hidden under the nun veil on her head, laid on the surface of the water behind her. From the depth of the endless lake, something emerged.

The waters close to the female figure rippled as black tentacles broke through the surface, slowly wrapping around her form, her arms, and her body. A smile formed on her face, a smile not her own. The sacred and old blood running through her veins, forcing her to accept her fate, a smile that was combined with the expression of fear.

The tentacles started to move, slowly dragging her into the water and from above, looking down to the lake, the water reflecting the pale moon, two large eyes glowed in the water... however, just as it appeared, the sound of shattering glass as heard. The world we dyed in another color. The red moon shattered, leaving a bight glowing Blue Moon behind and the sky was slightly dark, filled with stars, the red water is gone, replaced by the blue of the new moon on its surface.

The creature beneath the waves disappeared into the watery depth, almost like it was afraid of something and the tentacles holding the female let go of her and followed their owner. Life returned in the eyes of the white-haired woman.

The smile vanished, and her fearful expression was gone. Her gaze was still set on the moon and for once she did not hate it. no, rather, she welcomed it. Tears of relief poured down her face, a somber expression on her face, like a memory of something about the Blue Moon above her she knew but the image failed to meet her.

The sound of footsteps came into her ear. She tilted her head down from the beautiful moon to meet a figure in black and blue with white hair matching her own. A radiant sword in their hand, glowing the same color has the Moonlight.

Just looking at the figure, a hunter the white-haired woman guessed, set her sense to ease, almost like she knew who the person was but the name never reached her. She met the gaze of the hunter, those crimson eyes glowing of an uncaring and pathetic way, but the kneeling woman could sense the cold fury behind the facade.

The hunter walked towards kneeling figure and once the hunter was close, the female could make out its features, or rather Her features. The hunter was female, the kneeling woman realized one the hunter had come close enough to her and with the help of the moonlight, the female could see more of the hunter’s appearance.

Glowing red eyes, the same as color as the nun clothed female, met the stare of the kneeling figure, a hint of hope gleamed in them. The hunter's long white hair, tied to the end, resembling the tail fin of a whale swaying with each movement and a blue and black hat on her head.